RIM's new BlackBerry name and stock market ticker symbol take effect February 4th
0. phoneArena 01 Feb 2013, 04:11 posted on
It is going to feel strange at first, calling your broker and telling him to buy 50,000 shares of BlackBerry instead of RIM but the change will start officially on February 4th when the company once known as Research In Motion will be called BlackBerry; that means you will need to look under the B's in the newspaper and also track the new symbol of BBRY on the ticker tape...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. StreetNerd (Posts: 819; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Jups just ordered a Playbook 64GB (150 euros) now give me BB10 :D
2. lilhart (Posts: 23; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
"watching the ticker on your Apple iPhone, the new symbol is BBRY" - Are you saying nobody watches tickers on any other phone, only AAPL iPhone has it?
3. Alan01 (Posts: 344; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
There is an app that works on Android, but the ticker is native on the Apple iPhone for iOs 5 and above
5. snowgator (Posts: 3547; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Okay- so I laughed a couple times reading this!!
Nicely done, youg man- well played.....
4. depeche (Posts: 63; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
I think I will watch the ticker on my Blackberry