RIM’s BlackBerry 10 devices more likely to launch in March 2013
0. phoneArena 09 Oct 2012, 09:02 posted on
RIM right now is pretty much in free fall. It’s not rocketing down as fast as many analysts believed, but it’s falling…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Rims done, by this time most people will have bought new devices over the hollidays, and won't be compelled to switch.
7. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
oh man that is bad...it will have outdated specs..
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Outdated specs by the time or competant at best but not a game changer. and if their phones dont sell because of "competant" hardware then nobody would have tried the BB 10 OS.
All in all RIM:
"Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, GOODBYE!"
26. Bernoulli (Posts: 1505; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Outdated, but ahead of the iPhone 5 specs :)
35. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1098; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
believe me bro I would love to support your post but I've been warned by the mods cuz of too much bashing on Apple?
Hey can users actually complain against me? Maybe the iSh33p are plotting...:)
12. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
They are done... Who even cares anymore???
23. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 (Posts: 159; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
I think in 2017 they will delay it to march 2018
36. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
Say whatever you want, im definitely gonna buy the 'Outage'. (lol)
3. lyndon420 (Posts: 1783; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Hope this pays off for them. Still room for another ecosystem...the more the merrier I say.
4. CreeDiddy (Posts: 330; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I agree with everyone. After the Holiday rush RIM won't have buyers to expect to move from Apple/Android/Windows to BlackBerry. It just won't happen. Dedicated BB Fan's will upgrade to the BB 10 phones. I don't see the point of releasing a phone after the Holiday's and expect large sales numbers. Their estimates will be probably close to 5-6 million throughout 2013. Not strong at all if you ask me. Can't imagine what the Samsung SIV sales will do in 3 days like Apple around Feb/March.
5. archangel9 (Posts: 231; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Agreed.But the info on the Galaxy S4 is incorrect. Samsung may annouce it in Februrary but it's coming maybe in the 2nd qtr. The GS III is less than a year old.
I'm still a fan of RIM /Blackberry after all,it's was my intro into smartphones along with the SKII and the Treo 700p.I really hope they can set it off with BB10 .
8. tigermcm (Posts: 745; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
alot of supposedly die hard BB fans I know ready jumped ship. They are done and just needa let the OS be licensed
10. Seymur (unregistered)
Rest in peace.
11. vqc61 (Posts: 15; Member since: 16 May 2012)
All of a sudden, everybody becomes a tech analyst. Incredible.
21. doejon (Posts: 360; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
for that u don´t need to be a tech analyst or specialist
13. snowgator (Posts: 3277; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
Maybe everyone missed the post where RIM actually stopped the bleeding last quarter and beat expectations in new subscribers?
If RIM can survive to January, March is the same. Either they have enough in the tank to bounce back and 2 more months makes no difference, or they don't and January wouldn't have helped them anyways. I see no reason or advantage to cheer for their failure. I hope BB10 is worth the wait and we are still talking about them in 2015.
28. someones4 (Posts: 619; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Can RIm survive that long? let's not forget that RIM delayed the BB10 for months. They might delay it again.
17. Tobruk (Posts: 10; Member since: 14 May 2011)
First off, whomever is responsible for dragging their overpaid feet and not releasing BlackBerry 10 before the holidays, should be fired! RIM Management needs a reality check and I hope it comes in the form of poor sales.. You read the comments from previous Blackberry users who jumped to other devices. How can RIM honestly expect any excitement or sales with a, hopefully...March 2013. I can here the excuses now... "we're not focused on the North American markets", "Emerging markets will buy our crappy devices"... I SO FED UP WITH BLACKBERRY/ RIM!
19. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
GS IV rumoured to be announced by then and it will kill BB10 :)
22. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
If this is the case they should consider making some Android devices in the mean time, just run stock, take a bold style phone, slap some bumped up guts in it, and put it on a pre paid carrier, anything would help them while they pussyfoot around with bb 10
31. Tips_y (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
It's too late to consider a different OS at this late stage. It takes about 8 months or more to put out a phone. They should have quitely and secretly planned out phones with either Android or WP8 in them as fall back position months ago.
24. 12Danny123 (Posts: 86; Member since: 18 Aug 2012)
Hmm this is not a good time to release it at march 2013. Everybody would've bought windows phone 8 devices (mostly the three windows devices), android devices and the iPhone 5. Plus we would've went galaxy s4 iPhone 5S and the next windows phones. And BB would still be a generation behind
25. Jarahawk (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
I'd rather they delay the launch and get it right than rush it to market and have another Storm fiasco.
27. letgomyeggroll (Posts: 137; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Do I have to still create a Blackberry email account to retrieve my everyday emails? That is 1 thing I hate the most, going through another server to retrieve my email.
The only people that still buy BB, are the people that likes the keyboard. If they switch to completely touchscreen they will loose them all.
29. Edmund (Posts: 656; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
lmao... and this is the company that thinks it can overtake Nokia ??? Guess they don't call them loonies for no reason.
30. Tips_y (Posts: 29; Member since: 19 Mar 2012)
This is just a rumor at the moment, but if true, not good at all for RIM! Although I am now using WP7.5, there are still quite a number of BB users in my country. True they're dwindling, but they're still out there. If what remains of their user base shifts to either WP8 or Android ICS/JB, I don't think they're going to get them back with BB10. So this delay, if true, is not good for RIM!
37. Lwazi_N (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
I don't know if you guys watched Alec Saunders' keynote speech at the BB10 Jam Americas keynote that RIM will launch the first BB10 devices in January? You missed that, he was like "January 21st 2013, keep that date burned in your mind" (28:13)
"If you get your app in the store by launch, sorry, by January 21st 2013" (30:07)", check out the video herehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?
39. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
march is reasonable than january!
they are just taking all the time to perfect the OS!! to serve all the wants of people!
and besides an analyst said this not RIM!!! but we all know that BB10 is coming Q1 2013
42. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
screw you, don't use any cellphones until march 2013, if you dare
in march 2013 they will say "we need some more times, bb 10 will launched in august 2013" and so on...
40. kapoorsunny (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
Everyone has their own views regarding Blackberry.
I will always have a soft corner for BB, but I think March is little too far even for countries in Asia.
Also they should launch qwerty keyboard BB 10 along with full touch.