RIM to introduce both BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry X10 next week; contract price will be below $199
0. phoneArena 21 Jan 2013, 11:26 posted on
Screenshots from the Gold Master version of the new BlackBerry 10 OS show that a number of business software titles will be pre-installed on the device and in addition, the OS will include a Siri-esque personal assistant; speculation is calling for RIM to introduce BlackBerry 10 next week along with both the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry X10 handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. abdane (Posts: 481; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
RIM may come third place, however, i dont think they can be 1st ... android will always be 1st... dunno about second vs iOS but they might...
9. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
8 like stock Android (with maybe a little Samsung or HTC touch up) better
14. -box- (Posts: 3944; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
I'd like to see android, WP, then BB, and ios implodes
16. darkkjedii (Posts: 14128; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Always trying to start a flame war. Wowwww
2. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
like the BBZ10 go blackberry show them what u got !!!
5. panda123 (Posts: 27; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
This is like the neatest UI I've ever seen... Looks epic, can't wait.
6. Whateverman (Posts: 3235; Member since: 17 May 2009)
BB 10 is looking really good, but I do have a couple concerns. I realize this will not be popular to BB fans, but I am a BB fan myself so...
1. It has it's own distinct look, but it is still similar to iOS in terms of being an app launcher at its core. Yes, the BB flow and other features do add much more functionality, but I wonder if there is a way to hide all those apps.
2. BIS outages! I wonder what steps have been taken to prevent the outages that had at one time become synonymous with using BlackBerry.
Other then that, looks really good!
7. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Indeed it looks good. Only if mailing service wasn't locked down to through RIM network and i was able to synnc all mail and PIM folders (without going through BES + Exchange crap) like i am able to do on Android/iOS/ i would have bought this.
8. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Read confirmation on sms is a sweet feature tbh
10. IamTheGodfatherofCell (Posts: 33; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
UI looks decent, but bland. Nothing eye popping about it. BB has always found a different way to fail , wether it be BB Apps or BBM issues or just connectivity issues. I don't feel the hype, and with so many people knee deep with Android or iOS, I dont see them making a dent into the masses.
Windows tried and failed at this as well.
11. Smg-Uk (Posts: 24; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Don't worry windows phone is gaining more and more traction people are starting to realise after all this time google still fail to make a smooth lag free os even with all those powerful phones pretty poor show.
12. scsa852k (Posts: 320; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Great timing for RIM to introduce something fresh in the market and hopefully re-establish themselves in the market as well.
There still are a lot of people who are fond of BB OS, so they certainly can take on Windows OS.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 14128; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
This doesnt look bad at all, in fact quite the opposite.
23. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Looks much better than what it seemed at the first sight when RIM showcased some features.
18. aldridhl (Posts: 62; Member since: 12 Feb 2011)
a greater variety in platforms is welcome. I hope this works out for RIM.
19. spasticpat (Posts: 78; Member since: 18 Dec 2012)
Personally, I hope BB10 works out. ios and Android need competition and so far the only other OS that is trying to make ground is WP8, so I think BB10 will do some good. Never had a better keyboard than my Blackberry Torch, maybe if BB10 succeeds and they do some good, I'll go back to BB agian...
22. bransablan (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Jul 2012)
Ok thats pretty sad if even the new blackberrys have nfc and the almoghty iphone 5 doesnt... I guess we shall have to hope and wait for iphone 5s to have it in there, known as i-beam the most innovative iphone yet but not overall device