RIM to end side-loading on PlayBook – cites piracy concerns
0. phoneArena 09 Apr 2012, 09:41 posted on
RIM has announced that it will drop support for side-loading apps. Alec Saunders, Vice President of Developer Relations at RIM, made the announcement on Twitter and then cited piracy concerns as the driving force behind this decision...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. Phoneguy007 (Posts: 218; Member since: 02 Jun 2011)
and i was just thinking to myself ...if only bb would allow google play on thier devices they just might live!
3. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Good. Make the rabble pay for what they want to use. If they can't afford it,there is always the public library.
4. jump454 (Posts: 5; Member since: 20 Feb 2012)
chaotic = blackebrries reasoning for having the least ammount of apps. if you have only one choice, its much easier to choose.
5. belovedson (Posts: 830; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
rim your getting annoying. just bring the play store into the bb world or unlock the bootloader so we can customize our tablets or run a different os. im getting sick of waiting for the apps i use on android to be ported over.