RIM thinking of splitting into two firms
0. phoneArena posted on 24 Jun 2012, 14:35
Both Reuters and the Sunday Times are reporting that Canadian manufacturer RIM is considering spliitting the beleaguered company into two parts, one company for the manufacturing of handsets and other mobile devices and the other for its popular messaging network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. jove39 posted on 24 Jun 2012, 14:50 11 1
May be BB should opensource their OS and let dev community enhance it.
Amazon...hmmm...controlling entire digital distribution chain through kindle line of products...that'll be nice!
2. plgladio posted on 24 Jun 2012, 15:01 5 0
Every OS once slip from top, its all about how smart they pick-up. BlackBerry still hoping a gain..
8. Synack posted on 24 Jun 2012, 19:10 7 4
lol for the 2 thumbs downs from Blackberry owners who think their phone is God, when it is crap. Join the rest of us in Android/iOS/Windows Phone.
11. Wiki_jaan posted on 24 Jun 2012, 21:33 4 6
symbian already dead :p
13. Vaidya posted on 24 Jun 2012, 22:39 3 0
I wasn't dead but nokia killed it .
Just a ui and store upgrade would have gone a long way.
Same thing for meego.
16. digicon posted on 24 Jun 2012, 23:07 0 0
Naw , it just shows all the people who have jumped on the Baa-aa-ndwagon . . .
4. parkwaydr posted on 24 Jun 2012, 15:49 2 0
What they need to do is start marketing bb 10, get people excited, the sooner they start the hype the better. No one is going to buy it if they don't know about it.
7. residualhatred posted on 24 Jun 2012, 18:42 4 0
All they need in their hand is a white flag to wave. RIM has not put up much of a fight. They got punk'd by Apple and Google. My wife still loves her blackberry. But she even knows eventually she will have to jump ship and get either an iphone or android phone or even a windows phone.
9. MISTER-H (banned) posted on 24 Jun 2012, 19:32 4 4
Good bye RIM...... Ur phones are crap and low specs....
14. Vaidya posted on 24 Jun 2012, 22:41 1 0
Copying moto's strategy
except apple and google it has potential buyers
15. snowgator posted on 24 Jun 2012, 22:57 2 0
Geez, another set of BB rumors.
There is no way RIM splits in two.
And no way they lose their corporate business.
And no way they need to change from their Bold-style keyboard.
And no way BB07 won't keep them afloat until their BB10 launches.
And no way the Playbook won't find an audience.
Ya know, that split in two idea ain't bad...