RIM starts carrier testing of BlackBerry 10
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2012, 19:59 posted on
Canadian manufacturer RIM says that it has started carrier testing of its all-important BlackBerry 10 OS and is in lab-entry with more than 50 carriers at the moment; the company plans on offering one touch screen model and one touch screen model with a QWERTY keyboard when BB10 is released...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5154; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
RIM has lost the ball too many times. I don't think they can ever recover and become relevant again.
2. GeekMovement (Posts: 1709; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Except by the time this device is released, it will still be competing with devices that have been/going to be released this year at least spec-wise. No doubt I'm still super excited about black berry's comeback, hope it's really good!
3. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
What happens in case Apple's downfall is brought by RIM?
4. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5154; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The most unlikely scenario. There's 0 chance of that ever happening.
12. Googlethis (Posts: 171; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
never say never well until they finally die off wich i hope they don't.
6. lyndon420 (Posts: 2087; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Bring it on RIM. There's room for another platform if it brings more decent options and choices to the table.
8. dex-4 (Posts: 22; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
On the plus side, Android is already seeing users mimic BB10 features. On the down side, RIM is taking their sweet time releasing this. The Mobile community could really use some good innovations and not just renovations.
10. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
No one gives a f**k to rim anymore, Literaly.
Im very sure bb will ask a lot for these devices, above $500, rim is kinda greedy but not as greedy as apple, google wont do that
Why pay more for less ? Just buy nexus 4
Yes im talking to you pikapowerize!
13. downphoenix (Posts: 2553; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
that nexus 4 in question is not comparable in some specs. For one, it has no LTE, no micro sd, and only 8GB internal storage, none of which the Blackberry phone is limited to. I see pricing will be in line with the competition, RIM isnt gonna be able to get away with $500 MSRP for phones like the Bold anymore, unless the specs are competitive, like they are with this model.
14. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
In talking about 16GB nexus 4 not 8gb, yes they are! Rim sells their flagship model the bold 9900 for $570 in my country!
11. xtroid2k (Posts: 499; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
RIM is a great company. I hope they can recover. RIM has some talented staff.
15. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
cant wait for what will RIM going to bring!! BRING IT ON!!!!
lol nikolas... dont care about what will you say!!!