RIM shows off the BlackBerry 10 soft keyboard
0. phoneArena 14 Dec 2012, 16:01 posted on
With the announcement of BlackBerry 10 coming relatively soon, now is the time to show off what the platform can do, and today we're seeing a video of Vivek Bhardwaj, Head of Software Portfolio for BlackBerry showing off BlackBerry 10′s touchscreen keyboard...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. bovcrx (Posts: 68; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Sounds dumb, but that space feature is much needed. I always have a b in place of a space using my Note 2.
14. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
now tell me who's dumb the user or the note 2?
4. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Which isn't really an option if someone chooses to buy a BlackBerry...
7. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
And no one is buying blackberry anymore
16. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
I have to agree with you there. Still, swiftkey is miles ahead of this keyboard
6. theBankRobber (Posts: 674; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Who's talking about android? Its about blackberry and swift key is a app, something NOT built into android .
5. cretinick (Posts: 147; Member since: 25 Jan 2011)
Consumers do not wait!
Release the Kraken as soon as possible! But I think it may be too late...
9. nyamo (Posts: 274; Member since: 19 Mar 2011)
while larger screens are nice, everyone i know who has loved BB always stuck with them due to the HW keyboard, not sure how RIM is going to persuade new users here with legacy items finally disappearing
10. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Yeah, the devices that RIM released without a physical keyboard were utter failures. In fact I have managed to forget their model numbers, they were such a failure. The BB owners I know (as well as former BB owners) are/were in love with the physical keyboards on the BBs. I wonder how well the touch-only BBs will do. If they tank, that could bias buyers against the BBs with physical keyboards that are scheduled for release a few months later.
12. bovcrx (Posts: 68; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Just got to mess with a Dev Alpha B device and the keyboard is pretty good. Can't wait to try the Dev of the physical keyboard.