RIM shows off brief glimpse of BlackBerry 10 in video
0. phoneArena 01 May 2012, 10:07 posted on
A quick video released by RIM shows the BlackBerry 10 Alpha Developer's phone with BlackBerry 10 on board; the video shows off the new virtual QWERTY keyboard on the OS along with its new word suggestion function and more...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ilia1986 (unregistered)
That keyboard is awesome!!
Me likey! me wants for Android as well!
8. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
good luck to RIM. though i am an android fan but would still like RIM and Nokia to make a come back. competition is always good.
2. RobotMan (Posts: 123; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Look promising, Have to try this when available.
3. clevername (Posts: 1401; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
That keyboard is amazing. Putting the autosuggest right on the keyboard keeps your fingers where they need to be. I like it. And having the partitions between each row looks to keep the same feel as a physical berry. Partially anyway.
4. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Titanic wont get back on track no matter how hard it tries.
11. shadowcell (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
Oh look another comment referencing a 100 year-old royal mail ship. You must be a genius.
9. Whateverman (Posts: 3150; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Looking very good, I must admit. I would love to see what else RIM has planned for BB10.
10. a1000smiles4u (Posts: 84; Member since: 24 Apr 2012)
awesome keyboard ...
make bb services free and u r back in game
12. metoyou (Posts: 277; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I'm so looking forward to this new QNX from BlackBerry, on my PlayBook it's awesomely smooth and saw some demos of Cascades and it look very promising. The alpha device for developer currently support 4.2' and have 1280x768 HDscreen! wonder how's the slider/keyboard one is like
GO RIM GO
14. Luuthian (Posts: 166; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Tough to say? This is a good start, but we weren't shown the home screen or how the phone actually functions.
16. xtroid2k (Posts: 314; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
A recovery on RIM part would be nothing short of miraculous. However remember sprint in 2007. We all were certain it was going down in flames. Now sprint is a main competitor. With similar drastic management changes and a solid product on the horizon I see great things for RIM.
20. Mr.Best (Posts: 74; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
I disagree. Many of Apple and Android users were Blackberry users. There is a reason why they were once dubbed Crackberry you know. One amazing product can bring them back in the game.
17. Leon101 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
Theres always some room for competition!!! Im tired of listening just Apple vs Android , i would like to hear something new!!!
18. BBGrind (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Jan 2012)
Yess this keyboard is a winner, love. love the phone style too.
21. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
OS doesn't look half bad, not quite as good as Android but after some development it should look fine. Also, doesn't it look like RIM took an iPhone, covered up the home button, and just spray-painted the whole device black? I know its a prototype, but that looks a helluva lot more similar to the SGS2 that wasn't allowed in the US for an extended period of time
23. an4564 (Posts: 35; Member since: 17 Jul 2012)
i really want blackberry to do well. blackberry 10 looks awesome. it might just be my next phone next year