RIM recalls 935 BlackBerry PlayBooks for undisclosed reasons
0. phoneArena 15 May 2011, 00:14 posted on
Staples has distributed a notice to their retail locations, alerting them to a recall of 935 of RIM's BlackBerry PlayBooks; while 935 is a relatively small portion, RIM could do without the bad press right now...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Socalvenom (unregistered)
who know's maybe it's due to over heating or the glass explodes?
2. cheetah2k (Posts: 1138; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
A birdie told me its a faulty battery.
and there are more recalls to come.....
Thankgod my 64Gb SKU isn't affected (yet)
4. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
First, the Playbook was delayed for 1 month because RIM had problems securing the screens. Now, 935 Playbooks are faulty. When there's smoke, there's bound to be a fire.
That's typically what happens when you rush a product to a market.
7. cheetah2k (Posts: 1138; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
So this just ended up being a "Faulty OS Build" issue....
8. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
The BB playbook 16GB, I bought @bestbuy, was very buggy, it got stuck on boot up, for an hour., so I took it back the next day, for some reason , they didn't wanna give me my money back? so I got a exchange for a iPad 2, which I regret :( i still haven't used it,, I'm trying to sell it :) , any. ??? Lol
9. cheetah2k (Posts: 1138; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
We forgive you. As far as your iPad is concerned, eBay is your friend :-p