RIM quarter projections go from bad to worse
0. phoneArena 28 Jun 2012, 08:32 posted on
RIM has had three consecutive quarters of bleeding revenue and its shares have hit a 9-year bottom as it approaches another quarterly results announcement…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. cdgoin (Posts: 336; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Its time to realize some savings and bundle BBM into Android or WP "Blackberry" branded phones. Lots of people still like the QWERTY keyboard, but niether Android, iOS or WP have many models with it. So why stick to your own OS, when it would be easier to rebrand other OS's with the BBM service..? It would save money and time and allow a faster turn around on new hardware.
I personally see a HUGE announcement where BB and Nokia are bought by MS and make BB branded WP8 phones and BBM encryption, etc.. is rolled into WindowsLive for no fee.
Think how that would monumentally change the phone ecosystem.
Won't happen, but if it did.. Apple would have to worry then.
3. disneydad (Posts: 114; Member since: 26 Mar 2012)
The most valuable products RIM has are e-mail service and BBM. They need to figure out a way to leverage them on other OS platforms.
4. sonisoe (Posts: 277; Member since: 06 May 2009)
expectedly a bb10 device is out sometime later this year... i doubt that, if what was shown a few wks ago was truly the latest stage of bb10, they're in bigger trouble...from the look of it, it'll take more than 6 months to completely build the os....
6. ChrisW (Posts: 1; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Blackberry needs Android apps and compatibility or it will not survive. OS differentiation will only alienate them from customers.
They should and can however differentiate on hardware, design and apps. Who cares about their OS anyway?
With a foot already in the business door and a decent market image, imagine how many Blackberry-Android phones they could sell if specced as high as the competition and offering BBM, encryption etc?
Wasting time and money on their proprietary OS just seems so obviously a dead end.
7. Commentator (Posts: 1874; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The Verge reported today that BB10 is being delayed until 2013... assuming the company still exists then.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4229; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Blackberry is dying faster than I thought it would...
11. Sangeet (Posts: 222; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
but i did expected this from the beginning.
9. MelvinPainter (Posts: 42; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
Everything obummer touches turns to crap.
10. steelicon (Posts: 302; Member since: 02 Apr 2011)
At least RIM is trying. Nokia on the other hand...
12. Lwazi_N (Posts: 205; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
Wow, I thought Thorsten would be the change RIM needed. I really don't know the direction RIM is now going. Sad.
13. jordan.300 (unregistered)
I still love BlackBerry.