RIM officially introduces Porsche Design P'9981 smartphone from BlackBerry
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Oct 2011, 14:54
Originally poo-pooed as a fake, then outed as a special BlackBerry for Porsche, the BlackBerry P'9981 was introduced today by RIM; the phone runs on BlackBerry 7 OS which means it offers liquid graphics, a fast second-gen WebKit browser and the rumored price tag is $2,000...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Snapdude posted on 27 Oct 2011, 15:01 1 1
i think its pretty slick, just not worth 2 grand... maybe 700 lol
29. omarc26 posted on 28 Oct 2011, 20:52 0 0
@metoyou there's nothing to be jealous .. I can afford it I don't know about that other guy. But I would never pay that much for a phone that doesn't even have a front facing camera, dual core processor, and at least an 8 megapixel camera and at least a super amoled screen.
7. davecann2 posted on 27 Oct 2011, 16:31 4 1
Holy crap! If I was a troll hunter i could feed my entire family just on your posts alone!
17. corporateJP posted on 27 Oct 2011, 18:07 0 1
He does have a point, though.
A good one.
You're just oblivious to it because you have wool over your eyes.
22. taco50 (banned) posted on 27 Oct 2011, 21:01 0 0
no he doesn't this has nothing to do with Apple.
8. SavageLucy42 posted on 27 Oct 2011, 16:34 1 0
To me it looks very dated style-wise. Like something Gordon Gecko would carry.
18. corporateJP posted on 27 Oct 2011, 18:11 1 0
Good looks on the "Gordon Gecko" reference.
11. cncrim posted on 27 Oct 2011, 16:41 0 0
+1, I try to thumb you up but accidental hit down :( lol
10. cncrim posted on 27 Oct 2011, 16:39 2 0
Come on RIM, stop wining if your stock share is drop, it's so 2000 for $2000.
12. ecml490 (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2011, 16:41 1 1
I will beat the crap out of someone if I see them with this phone for their stupidity in spending $2000 for a phone that has the specs of a $100 phone!
15. simplyj posted on 27 Oct 2011, 17:16 0 0
i've never seen a 100 dollar phone with those specs..
16. ecml490 (unregistered) posted on 27 Oct 2011, 17:41 2 0
I should of been more clearer. I mean a $100 phone w/ contract.
13. rockstarlive posted on 27 Oct 2011, 17:06 1 1
I think.....at least I hope they are only gonna make maybe 1-200 of these
I'm thinking -$750 to $999 is more realistic
14. tigermcm posted on 27 Oct 2011, 17:10 2 0
can someone answer why do these phonemakers continue to make these car design phones for so much friggin money that always looks like straight crap!!!! my son's toy phones are better looking than these designs that keep coming out that are suppose to be the most elegant designs ever. stop wasting money on lame designs and focus on your OS
21. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 27 Oct 2011, 20:46 0 2
Is this device made out of diamonds? Geez.
23. taco50 (banned) posted on 27 Oct 2011, 21:03 1 1
I like the look. This is obviously a luxury item for someone that money is no concern
27. Lwazi_N posted on 28 Oct 2011, 03:46 0 1
But honestly, the phone is made of premium materials. And designed by Porsche, $200 would barely even cover BOM. And don't forget BB's have never come cheap. So you don't only pay for the name "BlackBerry", but for "Porsche Design", too. If you can't afford it, you probably don't drive a Porsche. So stay in your lane!
28. warlockz posted on 28 Oct 2011, 17:03 1 0
Good for hip hop music videos to wear around their neck as a chain while rapping and standing next to their leased bentlys in the background.