RIM has sold 250,000 BlackBerry PlayBooks according to RBC
0. phoneArena 19 May 2011, 01:02 posted on
According to Mike Abramsky, General Manager at RBC Capital Markets, RIM has sold a quarter of a million units of the BlackBerry PlayBook since its launch on April 19th...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cheetah2k (Posts: 1115; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
Good stuff. The sales figures don't surprise me, especially when there is a bucket load of OS buyers (such as me in Austraila) picking these up.
Once RIM gets these officially launched world wide (like the iPad 2) that sales figure will dramatically increase for sure!
5. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
ya becuse they have sold less than the original ipad did on its first day...
6. cheetah2k (Posts: 1115; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
ya because the iPad was a world wide release on its first day, unlike the PB which was only US specific....
Still not bad for a device that was touted as being an ifail...
2. ardent1 (Posts: 2000; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Can anyone say "Channel Stuffing?"
Note 14% of 16B sold-out or 86% still there. Recall accounting of FIFO (first in first out) or FISH (first in still here).
4. downphoenix (Posts: 2733; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
that means it makes it less of a fail than the Motofail Xoom.