RIM has cash and hardware for would-be game developers
0. phoneArena 11 Nov 2012, 19:27 posted on
The BlackBerry maker has another developer initiative underway, this one pointed at game developers...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. JcHnd (Posts: 89; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
It's a cool initiative and all, but burning money is how they wan't to keep in business? way to go bb!
8. lyndon420 (Posts: 3728; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Gotta spend money to make money. If it isn't being poured into advertising then this may be money well spent. There will always be room for another platform or ecosystem. I don't know about you, but I like choices.
13. downphoenix (Posts: 3151; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Its called buying a healthy eco system for their apps and games.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wow that's a lot of cash to burn...
3. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
This is a great idea people will get cash for creating apps and at the same time get to know blackberry devs.......Great way to get people over to blackberry and create excitement :) Good job RIM
And God bless you and your company
10. rimisrip2 (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
This is the worst idea.
The talented developer will still develop for android and iOS first (or only for android and iOS) because the market were there.
The one who submit into RIM is the one that were only want for the device, so expect an apps that you will uninstall after 10-minute up to 30-minute apps.
and RIM still die anyway.
14. downphoenix (Posts: 3151; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
The guidelines does say the app has to be approved. If its a really terrible App, Im sure RIM would axe the submission.
4. xtroid2k (Posts: 514; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
RIM has to do whatever it can. They are making great moves. JcHnd RIM is the company and bb is the product. RIM has made very smart moves since the new CEO joined. From getting a non BlackBerry device, getting rid of a corporate jet and now this. Just remember that sometimes you need money to make money. What else does RIM have to lose besides itself. Go for it RIM.
5. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
thats right man! take money to make money and this move is a good one no doubt.... :)
6. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
At least they are giving the company away to developers instead of creditors.
7. p0rkguy (Posts: 685; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
You guys are confused. They're not burning money.
They have to get approved first...
11. rimisrip2 (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
RIM will approve 99% of the apps for the bragging right of saying "WE HAVE 10,000 APPS"
9. rimisrip2 (banned) (Posts: 3; Member since: 11 Nov 2012)
This is just a proof that RIM is RIP
giving away US$ 100 for 1 apps is making RIP (I mean RIM) got what it deserve, a 1000 fart apps.
RIM better sell the company apart, and return the money to the investor before all the money/value of RIM gone.
15. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
really looking forward to this!! i love the playbook! is serves me best!
16. Valdomero (Posts: 137; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Hope this comes out well to them, BB was a very nice OS until they couldn't keep up with the competition.
RIM, be aware this is your last chance.