RIM fesses up to being behind the “Wake Up” campaign
1. the_s2 (Posts: 215; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Sorry Sammy!! But why in the world would RIM ask iFans to wake up? It woulda made sense if Sammy did this, atleast they make class products.
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I know, RIM is like the "Walking Dead". I could understand if RIM made a superior product but they really don't anymore. I love Android, but even Apple & Windows Phone 7.5 make better products than RIM.
I think RIM needs to practice what they preach & "Wake Up" as they so eloquently put it.
22. Chronos (Posts: 258; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
BB10 does make it seem like RIM is waking up at a very slow pace.
3. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
told you taco that you shold not jump to conclusion and blame samsung :)
9. frydaexiii (Posts: 1260; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, Taco would still blame Samsung even if the "Wake Up" signs had the Blackberry logo all over them...
16. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Guess I was wrong. Sorry bit this move makes zero sense for RIM. sounds like they're the ones who need to wake up lol.
21. ACCTDADDY (Posts: 12; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
Admitting you were wrong is a big step and takes guts Taco your growing up and I respect you a lil more now
18. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
taco jumped to uninformed conclusions? never! next you will see him actually honor the bets he loses too.. what a crazy world.
26. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
lol just as I called it. you were completely obliterated on the other thread with your stupid lies and Instead of facing it you run to another thread and act like nothing happened and your somehow right.
taco your life must be so sad and pathetic .. I'd almost feel sorry for.you.. almost but not quite.
4. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Rim should be very careful, it would be devastating to over hype and under deliver at this point.
7. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Yea i totally agree with you
.. ir rim cant deliver they should'nt even talk
27. thephoneguy92 (Posts: 191; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
But at the same time, this is make or break for RIM, so sell the hell out of BB10. If they make it as great as it sounds, they win. If not, they will still run the same course as before.
5. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Is RIM going to be a whistle blower on business practices in Australia.
6. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
Oh look the Walking dead is trying to make a come back
8. kmichalec (Posts: 12; Member since: 29 Mar 2010)
Really, RIM? This is what you feel it's a good idea to spend your money on? You've been run over digitally, you're bleeding money and market share left and right, and you felt this is what you should be concentrating your efforts and money on to try to "get back in the game"? A lame attempt at a "wake up" call to people who've already woken up and realized how out of touch your products have become? The best part is, by not letting anyone know who even was behind it, your other two major competitors (Apple & Samsung) reaped all the benefits of your lame attempt from all the press coverage. Smart. Really smart. Who runs your marketing department? Grade school kids?
If this is your company's strategy, I'm sad to say, I think I you've just set your own death notice in stone.
10. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 335; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
They're bleeding personel, and bleeding market share, and they're urging the Apple croud to wake up? Oh, the irony...
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
ha! to all those who though it was Samsung! (me included) you owe them an apology !
13. adi4u4882 (Posts: 135; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
I think RIM was a little too late for a April fool prank.
14. lateralus (Posts: 6; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
The worst time in rim's history to be making such a bold statement. They should've saved this idea for when (or if, for that matter) they are relevant in the industry again.
15. gallitoking (Posts: 4693; Member since: 17 May 2011)
well I think that RIM hired those people to RIM stores and wake people up but somehow they got lost using the GPS on their BB and ended up in Apple stores...
19. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
thats actually the funniest thing you have said in forever gallito. lol.
20. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4526; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
gallitoking that was so funny. I let out a big laugh at the office. People came and asked me what was so funny!
23. matrix_neo (Posts: 326; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Now we know who is the cuplrit...
I have one question, why you Charlene wrote this article? Where is Allan, this is his favorite topic.
24. RazaAsad (Posts: 100; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
I am never a big fan of BB but I guess they are trying hard and there is still a market which wants to buy BB if offered with reasonable OS and thats what I am sure will be BB 10. Developers' Device looks good if made a little slim for consumers. They still have a chance but it depends how they play it as a last shot same like Nokia. (I am end up buying GSIII but if MS offers more freedom with its WP8 and if Nokia delivers its promises for a game-changing device for WP8, I will be buying that). Sorry for dragging Nokia into this, I couldn't resist. :)