RIM employee dies of wounds after stabbing at London BBM party
2. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why the f**k is someone stabbed at a f**kin party ?
It is supposed to be an happy occasion
4. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I dont know where you are but sadly here in FL there isnt a week that goes by without hearing news of someone being hurt at a party
7. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
I am in and from Malaysia
8. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If someone in a party get drunk and did some really stupid stuff and get hurt its totally fine
Of someone in a party gets drunk and stabs a blackberry staff it's totally uncool
9. tigermcm (Posts: 851; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
nope here there is fighting, shooting, stabbing yes we have it all and all the time this sadly is a story that HERE we would expect
5. sonisoe (Posts: 403; Member since: 06 May 2009)
sooo unbelieveable....its a mobile device party not a heavy metal concert for god sake...
10. DonkeySauce (Posts: 194; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
Is this a metaphore for RIM's business trends?
11. hunted (Posts: 403; Member since: 21 Sep 2011)
Let his sould rest in peace, BB should take care of his family
13. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Poor person. RIP. I hope RIM does offer the family something. This being corporate America,don't hold you breath though.
17. tedkord (Posts: 9649; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Yeah, I worked for a major US company chemical plant in the 90's, and one night an operator out on rounds died of a heart attack. They didn't find the body until 4 in the morning, and they guy who found him said he was stiff and blue when he discovered him.
Now, this company had a policy that if you died on the job, your family was paid 3x the insurance. They claimed he died en route to the hospital, so as to only pay out the 1x insurance, even though he'd been dead hours before found.
And, if that wasn't bad enough, the unit manager ordered the payroll secretary to cut off his pay for the shift at the time the body was found, and not pay his family for the whole shift.
And, this is a really major, huge, well known company. It was eye opening. I sincerely hope that unit manager died slowly, painfully, broke and alone.
15. Republican (Posts: 99; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
BB should take care of the family??? It's not their obligation. The employee should have bought his or her own life insurance. it's called personal responsibility. If not,too bad.
18. tedkord (Posts: 9649; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Was he there as a company representative? Then they should absolutely take care of the family. Not forever, but a nice little payoff.
Do you mean like the personal responsibility a CEO takes when he runs his company into the ground, then departs with a golden parachute, millions in separation payout and millions more in stock options? That kind of personal responsibility?
19. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
He was an employee at a COMPANY EVENT, so yes, RIM should help the family, besides, if they dont, it would be a pr disaster.
20. jmoita2 (Posts: 930; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
Republican is a bonehead!!! I Wish I could squish his head until all sounds stopped coming out!!!