RIM creates "The Bold Team", a cartoon quartet that tells everyone to be Bold
0. phoneArena 30 Jan 2012, 21:58 posted on
RIM's new CEO, Thorsten Heins, wants the company to be strong on marketing and as a result, the company has come up with a quartet of cartoon characters it calls "The Bold Team"; the company says the four came from tweets to RIM on how people plan on being Bold in 2012...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. remixfa (Posts: 13901; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
wow.. umm.. at least they are appealing to the under 40 crowd... i think? reminds me of Super Why! lol
6. ageffner (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Jan 2009)
Maybe they can get Alphabet pig to help spell "Q.N.X D.E.L.A.Y.E.D till 2013".
7. Jdub0323 (Posts: 9; Member since: 12 Jan 2012)
I agree that marketing is going to be needed to get them back in the game...but maybe they should focus on a product to market first. If they get a product worth marketing they are halfway there!
8. droidguy2323 (Posts: 55; Member since: 23 Sep 2011)
They need justin bieber, Rick Ross, lil wayne, and taylor swift to promote their. They gotta be more urban.
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
If you haven't noticed until now - there is a thermo-nuclear war going on between Apple\iOS and Google\Android. There is no place for little cute cartoony characters which look like something out of Nickelodeon. This is serious business because whoever wins this war - will decide how our mobile phones are going to look like afterwards.
A spy on Apple's side on behalf of Android.
11. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 466; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Perhaps they should have had a 5th character, "White Unicorn Man" who represents RIM's next operating system.
12. kshell1 (Posts: 1119; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
in the impression that it will never see the light of day xD
13. Rayzin (Posts: 83; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
I cannot think of a worse direction they could have gone... I can't help but laugh!
14. Bigbluetundra (Posts: 45; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
So, when they read the employee comment card for how to fix RIM that said 'Hire a Superhero', they took it literally?