RIM confirms BlackBerry 10 will launch on January 30th, 2013
0. phoneArena 12 Nov 2012, 06:21 posted on
Research in Motion has finally announced the release date for its new BlackBerry operating system. BlackBerry 10 will launch on…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
Very nice Rim ....Very nice :)
2. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1095; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
nice and about time too!
Q1 of2013 is shaping up to be really exciting!
14. DerryAhmad (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 May 2012)
And I'm glad that they're releasing TWO BB10 phones! Hope we'll see more on the QWERTY device.
16. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
IM the one that's gonna b dead wen BB 10 arrives, NOT BB10 itself!!!
3. wendygarett (unregistered)
Why am I suddenly felt regrets of having the iPhone 5 :(
4. tigermcm (Posts: 742; Member since: 02 Sep 2009)
I dont know how I feel about this. Everyone's going to have a new phone in their hands buy Christmas
7. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
everyone doesnt know that this will be available "after" christmas either! ........ :)
5. jhp2025 (Posts: 4; Member since: 27 Sep 2012)
Now everyone has brand new hopes on RIM with its BB10.. BBX
6. slaggyb (Posts: 191; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Now That's what am Talking about I can't wait to upgrade to the new with qwerty keypad.. I love keyboards and love the bold 9900
8. drahmad (Posts: 478; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
it microsoft cant sell wphnes, how da hell can this tiny company sell their phones in this age android and iphone
13. xtplnet (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
Dude !! At Windows Phone 8 it just about Live Tiles ... but what Tiny Company you are referring to bring not only Live Tiles experiance but also Better Multitasking , very good notification center much polished OS with support for Android app.
21. drahmad (Posts: 478; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
still, its hard to beleive they will sell. general public follow trends, changing trends needs something groundbreaking, not just catching up.....
22. jack1059 (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
RIMs success or failure will be more dictated by what's going on behind the scenes. They've put in a lot of work with; app developers (making app tools easy to use and promoting that with BB jams around the world); selling to govts / business / enterprise; and most importantly carriers (rim has good carrier relations and carriers decide what gets shown to the public not the manufacturers). Add to that their recent security certification, and I see a solid well thought out / implemented plan for recovery. And on forget that even though rim is 'small' it has a worldwide footprint in sales.
9. bdaniel17 (Posts: 5; Member since: 09 May 2011)
i enjoyed my blackberry when I had it. It seems like it took forever for the 9900 to come out. I expect the same to happen with BB10 phones. They always say a release date but always gets pushed back a couple of months.
I wish blackberry would bring out their phones faster. My upgrade isn't due till may 2013. I'll have to see how it does and maybe I'll change back to blackberry. I hope blackberry can bounce back.
26. hiBreed (Posts: 90; Member since: 29 May 2012)
COME ON, 9 thumb downs, have mercy people, cant i sleep anymore? and please thumb me up more
11. kindlefireowner (Posts: 426; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
This means nothing. The loyal blackberry fans may care, but most people could care less.
12. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4100; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Couldn't* Most people couldn't care less. "Could care less" signifies that they do care to an undefined extent. Sorry, just a lot of people use that saying incorrectly.
24. thephonedude (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
your great english just pwned that kindle fanboy....we are so proud of you :)
Tell him to go suck his kindle E-Book.
15. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
January 30, 2013, the official launch of the next Blackberry 10 delay.
18. aco96 (Posts: 211; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
I love that RIM wants to keep BlackBerry OS alive, shame on u Nokia (R.I.P. Symbian :(
23. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i know right!
thats why its worth fighting for!! and worth to look forward for!
cant wait for that monter Berry!!!
19. cdgoin (Posts: 369; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
RIM is destined to die.. NOTE the New BlackBerry OS will launch with a rectangular 4" touch screen.. YEA!! ANOTHER ONE !! Who cares..? Shouldnt Blackberry launch with a BLACKBERRY..? Althought they say they will have one.. NO Pictures of any BB10 QWERTY device have been shown. Instead they are focusing on yet another Brick and will try to go head to head with Windows/iOS/Android.. and it will lose.
25. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
lol!!! there's some leak of the QWERTY BB!! and its beautiful! so stop hating you annoying twat!
20. osaFromJava (Posts: 34; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
1302013.. Seems like a bad luck for them..
28. Valdomero (Posts: 121; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Looks interesting, I quite don't get the camera magnifying glass thingy.
Hope they keep upgrading the OS like Google does with Android, just don't release the OS and do minor upgrades.
29. MC1123 (Posts: 1247; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
they will! since its a new OS base on UNIX-like OS, QNX OS! since OS like iOS and android (linux-base and linux is Unix-like) they have these kinds of updates!
its not java OS anymore! :)