RIM Blackberry Z10 press images leak out, looks like the real thing
The BlackBerry Z10, the very first one, has already leaked out countless times in images and video, but this time it seems we have something special as @evleaks has gotten hold of what it claims is the official press image. And judging by all we’ve seen so far we have no reason to doubt its veracity.
The BlackBerry Z10, an all-touch device with no physical QWERTY keyboard, looks slightly conservatively designed, nothing outworldly, it’s a bit plain, but that simplicity and lack of radical decisions might actually help it get the sympathy of a wide range of people.
We ourselves are not enamored by the design, but what seems more important is what materials would RIM pick for the final device and what would be the feel because nothing feels worse than cheap plastic. With so many month in development, though, we have no reason to doubt RIM would at least pull the BlackBerry Z10 from a design perspective. Take a look at the leaked images right below.
source: @evleaks via Gizmodo
1. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
This phone looks impressive. I don't think that it's a boring design.
12. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They said the same thing about the BB Storm but look how it turned out.
33. buccob (Posts: 1400; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
and year after year, people expect something original and not boring from a new iPhone....
38. Bernoulli (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Yeah, same thing with the nokia lumia 900 lol
44. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I dont think BB dropped down in market share based on phone design...or the Storm is considered a bad phone because of design.
It was a lil more to it than that.
29. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 814; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It looks a lot like the iPhone, i'm smelling a lawsuit here..
41. bokajay (Posts: 11; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
looks like a Moto DroidX more than an iphone to me
45. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Yea...this looks more like a Moto phone than an iPhone.
Now that I look at it again....it kinda looks like both...lol. One thing I do know.....you wont hear a peep from Moto, Google lawyers..
43. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Me too. I like this design. Everybody dont want their phones to be flashy. Thats actually one thing I like about Moto phones. Some ppl call them ugly...lol.
2. spideyhead256 (Posts: 148; Member since: 05 Nov 2012)
that's sexy.bb 10 is shaping up to be a good OS and that phone seems like the perfect incarnation for their first gen bb10 devices.
5. wendygarett (unregistered)
More like webOS
50. mikle76 (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
RIM bought the company that created Meego like 2 years ago, so I hope they would use some of the stuff in Meego :)
androidcentral [dot] com | rim-buys-astonishing-tribe
6. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 801; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I like the design. hope apple wont start using that silly patent that they have.
7. hybrid06339 (Posts: 23; Member since: 16 May 2012)
CLEARLY a rip off of Apple's IP (rectangular glass front with rounded corners!)
9. stewie (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I hope they won't too. But if Samsung can get sued for their GS2/GS3 designs, then I don't see how RIM won't get sued for this Z10.
My impression when I first saw the pictures of the Z10 was "Damn, I think they will get sued by Apple".
11. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 3510; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That silly patent protects an innovative design.
14. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
serioulsy you need to come back to reality
nothing innovative about the design. besides you should thank sony for that design
39. Bernoulli (Posts: 1443; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
There was nothing innovative about a rectangle with round edges
10. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
All RIM produces is garbage. They need to shut there doors and sell there crap. I don't understand why someone would go into a store and get a blackberry. I am not impressed at all. It's all garbage
24. nexusalltheway (Posts: 69; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
Totally. the douchebag is a big time hatter. We all can have our differences but we never call other phones as 'Crap".
16. apiskula (banned) (Posts: 578; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
Thank you realtrevor. Have fun with your crap phone
32. MesEyes (Posts: 18; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
I don't agree with your comment in any way, shape, or form.... but just so you look a little less ignorant it would be "their" crap..... just a little help there buddy
15. ramonleonjr62 (Posts: 48; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
go blackberry show the world what you are made of ...go!!!
17. slaggyb (Posts: 191; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Confirmed @realtrevor.. That should be nikolas oliver in disguise..
18. AfterShock (Posts: 2799; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Honestly, I believe the nay sayers will be bitter as BB takes off better then some other recently launched OSs have shown.
19. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Don't care for the look of the phone. But, I really hope that there BB10 os is successful. Need to keep as many player in the mobile market as we can. Will only mean better products coming out for us.
23. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
It needs to be controlled though. Market over saturation is not a good thing and so is less competition. IMO, BB10, Android, WP, iOS should remain separate while Jolla/Canonical/Firefox/KDE should combine to give the best Linus based OS to us. New players/OSes should arrive when the market is ready for them i.e one of the aforementioned is on its last legs.
42. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
You have a valid point I think. But, the market will auto control it. The market will only sustain what it can....the OS that can not hold onto market share are gain in market share, will eventually fade to nothingness. But, they should at least be given the chance to do. You never know, the struggling platforms, like you suggested, might actually merge one day to help them compete. I will like to see what the market looks like in the next 5-10 years. Who knows, iOS and Android could be a thing of the pass by then.
21. peacekeeper05 (Posts: 23; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
Design looks very similar to LG Optimus 3D! Hahaha
22. Armor (Posts: 49; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Apiskula, You don't have a clue about the new os do you? You need to do some research before you call it garbage. Even apple has already started coping some of the new features of the phone. Wonder why? Even Android has started doing it. You know how I know? I did my research.
46. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I'm just curious since you seem to know....what features are iOS and Android taking?
When I first saw that BB Map Cascade thing....I said I predict that coming to other platforms in the near future. Is it that or more?
25. bparkerson (unregistered)
My company provides BlackBerry Bolds to all its employees. There is no comparison between it and my personal Android. Android is so much more user friendly and pleasurable to use that I use my Blackberry for business calls only. I prefer email accounts and everything else on my Android. I will be upgrading to BB10 and I look forward to see how much they have improved. I do like the new features that separate Business and Personal Apps. Similar to what you'd have with a dual sim without separate lines. I'm also liking the new video chat and its features. I'm hoping the best for BB but I just don't think it's enough!! BTW...WHATS UP WITH ALL THAT SCREEN BEZEL? The screen size could be drastically increased with today's tech.
28. omgthatbecray (Posts: 2; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
does no one realize that its looks 90% like an i phone 5?
30. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
in my opinion looks great. Different from andro phones. And that's a huge advantage
31. THE_RAY (Posts: 26; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
how much can you with a slate designed phone? They all look similar to me......
47. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
This is true....but hey...tell that to Apple. Although...HTC and Moto have never been sued by Apple for their phone designs. No one really has expect Samsung.
That said...Samsung has used that type of design years ago. For some reason....a company cant evolve its own design in newer products...according to the folks that sided with Apple in the Apple vs Samsung cases. Samsung has a phone with rounded corners...a single home button before the iPhone comes out....and they still get sued?
Sometimes...the justice system scares me.
49. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I just remembered......Apple tried to sue Motorola for the Xoom.....for hardware design vs the iPad.
Apple....is smoking some serious stuff.
35. jay47 (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
I went from BB to Android to iPhone and i will be going back to BB. phones are getting more and more user friendly that is can control anything, except the microwave. This is the first phone i see that doesn't use a home button to move from one screen to the next. everyone has there own ways meaning they already have phones they like, but to me its the phone design and the software that sells. when i use my iPhone 5, i hate the fact that when a message comes in you go to it and have to double tap to open app history to go back. BB changed all that it take one swipe. i can go on and on with there feature i seen from my research. but i'm not. before people start down playing BB, half of y'all had BB and was loving the BBM.
36. timtimity (Posts: 196; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
I like the look of this phone, although I think the bezel along the side of the screen could do with being slightly thinner.
37. PhonePhazer47 (Posts: 30; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
well!.... i know about 2 or 3 people that are going to get it! my contract is up feb 1st so gonna probably go BB again! im giving them another chance! i had a curve back in the day n had android. U can do a lot but to much to do! >.did Iphone!......... simple, easy, compatible but boring...im ready for something new. blackberry dropped the ball but they have picked it up again! .....BB10 here i come!.......
40. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5589; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
well, well, well, what's this? Android's action bar is present in the browser? now what should we think of this?
48. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Oh man...you're right!! I didnt even notice that.
I dont think Google will start suing tho....or is BB using a browser similar to Android, webkit? Could be why the browser is getting good praises now on BB10.
But....I didnt really follow or use BB. Was that in BB's browser before?