RIM: BlackBerry 10 devices with keyboards coming
0. phoneArena 01 May 2012, 14:36 posted on
Just because early BlackBerry 10 devices are not coming to market with the traditional BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard doesn't mean that RIM has given up on offering a physical QWERTY on its handsets; CEO Thorsten Heins said that eventually physical keyboards will be available with the new OS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
3. Mozarrt (Posts: 301; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Can't wait for the new Blackberry Curve, Because I really want the same phone I could have in 2006.
7. cdgoin (Posts: 508; Member since: 28 Jul 2010)
Because a flat square rectangle made by dozens of manufacters is so unique and inspiring.
8. miles16852 (Posts: 241; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
LOL, very GOOD point cdgoin! I agree, talk about the cookie cut-out design, so sick of the 'flat square rectangle peice of glass' cell phone! they are starting to look SO out of date anyway! at least the phones with physical keyboards have some difference to them! but I guess there are so many of those who have that 'flat square rectangle' cookie cut out drudgery look! BOORRRRINNG!!
12. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
HAHA. this comment needs an award. Most people nowadays thinks that having a brick like phone makes it unique and sooooo original.
4. JcHnd (Posts: 92; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Yeah... like.... booooooring!!! is there anything else to be said?
5. Watchmanz (Posts: 12; Member since: 01 May 2012)
They just don't get it .... surely the entire company's executive can't be that retarded?
6. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
The keyboard on the bold 9900 is amazing, keep making more keyboards like that please!
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Sounds like there will be a bit of a wait for a physial keyboard - like whether RIM decides to remain in the handset business. If the London (or whatever it ultimately is called) flops when it is released, I suspect that will be the end of RIMs handset business. It will be time for a pivot toward software services for iOS and Android (and possibly WP if MS gives it cash to cover the port).
9. HugeTroller (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
The bottom 40s yet again, fail Titanic.
10. GeekMovement (Posts: 2150; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Awesome, I'm looking forward to their keyboards again. I agree I hope it's like the 9900/9930 devices.
RIM hope you make the right decisions.
14. intos (Posts: 90; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
blackberry bold 9000 and 9900 its most beautifull phones ever made... phones that make you happy when you hold it your hands...