Quiet launch for the new iPad in China
0. phoneArena posted on 20 Jul 2012, 07:44
When the iPad 2 was released in China last year, there were some incidents that kind of ruined the mood of the launch day, especially in a busy Beijing store. This year, however, there have been only 40 people lined in front of the same store, and there was no sign of disorder...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ajac09 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 07:51 11 7
chinease are alot smarter then Americans they know apple's knew ipad is a joke and a slap in the face to the consumer
6. IamYourFather6657 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 08:39 8 1
actually in china apple products are status symbol
So if the New iPad looks just the same as the iPad 2 , no one will be bothered to upgrade even the rich folks as all chinese are stingy and calculative .
How do i know ? Dude , i'm chinese
11. PAPINYC posted on 20 Jul 2012, 11:45 1 0
Confucius say: not true, in China everyone can go get a cheap (plastic) knock-off at the corner bodega. Or, on any restaurant menu.
12. whothisperson posted on 20 Jul 2012, 13:42 2 0
That doesn't really counter IamYourFather6657's claim. Even if it is a knockoff, they will still feel like they have the high status since other people will think it's an iPad as well.
13. IamYourFather6657 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 22:24 0 0
but the user experience on the fake sucks
even you bought one , you would not use it for long
my friend bought one , he is so pissed of with it he smashed it
2. Slammer posted on 20 Jul 2012, 07:52 5 3
Online ordering has much to do with this. I'm quite sure the iPad will boast beautiful sales.
3. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 20 Jul 2012, 07:52 6 5
I guess the Chinese are waiting for N7, iPad is not cool anymore.
9. g2a5b0e posted on 20 Jul 2012, 09:00 0 2
The first sentence of this article is a grammatical disaster. Smh.
10. adi4u4882 posted on 20 Jul 2012, 10:25 2 0
The way they are treating Chinese customers is not good.
That will cause a huge loss to Apple.
Remember China is the Worlds most populated country.
So,bad service may inflect in fall of profit.