Quick two day sale for the Motorola Moto X starts today, ends tomorrow
Better watch what you say around the device, as the Motorola Moto X is "always listening" for you to say "Okay Google," to help you find requested information. Active Notifications allow you to read your important messages right from the lock screen.
Apply for Motorola credit and the phone can be priced at zilch, zippo or zero at checkout. And there is special financing available, that will get one of these puppies in your hands for as little as $25 a month. And even with the discount, or special financing, you can still go through the Moto Maker site and build an Android headset that is as unique as you are.
source: Motorola (1), (2) via AndroidAuthority
1. fzacek (Posts: 2378; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
This might be a sign that Motorola is planning to release the Moto X+1 soon...
5. frustyak (Posts: 180; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Or cleaning out their inventory from the Texas plant.
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5378; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
$449 is too much when you can get the Nexus 5 for $50 less. I wouldn't call this a good deal.
3. joeyhalls (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jun 2013)
"Starting today, you can save $100 on the 32GB Motorola Moto X. That brings the price down to $349 for the device."
4. elitewolverine (Posts: 2779; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
Read much....its a two day deal, and even then the nexus at that point is $50 more. After the deal it is again $50 less than the moto.
12. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Riddle me this: If people buy the Moto x during the two-day sale, then is it costing them $50 less than they'd pay for a Nexus 5?
13. iCloud (Posts: 38; Member since: 15 May 2014)
Unfortunately, Nexus 5 not available for Verizon. I ordered my Moto x, shipping date June 11...
7. frustyak (Posts: 180; Member since: 08 Mar 2010)
Except that the Moto X has some features the Nexus doesn't, so the extra $50 might be worth it for some.
8. fzacek (Posts: 2378; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Well, for $50 less than the Nexus 5 right now, it's a pretty good deal...
6. robocopvn (Posts: 277; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
349$ is still too much for a 720p , Snapdragon S4 Pro dual core in mid-2014 Motorola
9. AfterShock (Posts: 3697; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
I'm not hating on Moto, but I think your right.
It is long in tooth in 2014.
10. robocopvn (Posts: 277; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
I really like Moto for doing different things from the other manufacturer but keep charging that much for the old phone with this hardware is simply just too much :).
For me, thinking of giving out $349 USD for a 720p, 16gb non-expandable, so so 10MP camera, dualcore S4 Pro Moto X. Obviously the Nexus 5 or the mighty Oneplus One will pop up in my mind :D.
Though I'm still very happy with my LG E980 :D
14. techloverNYC (Posts: 483; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
Agree with you guys Idk how moto justify their pricing point anymore.