Qualcomm's lawyers up the theatrics, call Apple's FRAND licensing maneuvers a "sham"
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Dec 2012, 05:43
Qualcomm, as one of the companies that benefited the most from the mobile revolution, is chock full of wireless patents on various subjects, which it is no doubt eager to monetize as FRAND licences to all the other parties involved in the industry, and the fees represent a huge part of its revenue...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. PhenomFaz posted on 12 Dec 2012, 21:10 1 0
yup i guess everyone's gonna take a shot at Apple by 2013...and quite frankly Apple deserves it...the whole company is a sham!
13. maxout posted on 16 Dec 2012, 19:35 1 0
may be 2012 is true for the apple lolz.... Desperate company is suing the whole world in order to suppress the rise of non-apple products and stealthy competition from world wide manufactures.
2. Nathan_ingx posted on 12 Dec 2012, 06:47 10 0
That's right...everyone take a bite each on Apple.
Soon there'll be just the seed pod left...
6. blade19 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:59 4 0
lol... we also don't want any seeds left. May spawn of new apples... :)
8. Nathan_ingx posted on 12 Dec 2012, 10:39 5 0
I actually don't want Apple to be extinct...just want then the 'endangered species' tag on them. They 'might' learn to to humble down a bit.
I don't think their products are bad, i think they're overpriced and over-rated.
14. maxout posted on 16 Dec 2012, 19:38 0 0
thats the reason i hate on them... :) Apple started with good quality products with high price margin. now with the competition they need to bring them down since the R&D has recovered more than enough and over all company has been profitable. Put a rag on greedy hole else people will chew you out.
3. gazmatic posted on 12 Dec 2012, 06:59 9 0
apple sucks anyway... their licensing policies are rubbish... they charge people $30-$40 for their patents but only wish to pay $1 for other peoples patents...
i will not miss apple at ALL...
4. PapaSmurf posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:38 5 0
Looks like 2013 is going to be a bad year for Apple and a good one for everyone else. Karma is a b---h!
5. tuxpower posted on 12 Dec 2012, 07:50 0 0
FOSSPatents is a Microsoft/Oracle shill. Just sayin'.
9. bayusuputra posted on 12 Dec 2012, 19:13 1 0
Oh, well.. Apple has just got the dragon snapped..
10. InspectorGadget80 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 20:50 0 0
Another good company TELLING APPLE IS A BUNCH OF FOOLS and a dumb to sue anyone just because their making money or selling more devices than they are
12. ardent1 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 21:27 0 1
Smart people know the QC lawyer is SIMPLY FOS. Just look at the HTC - Apple agreement. Apple does license some of it's technology.
But don't tell the android folks, they still don't believe HTC settled with Satan. Btw, for a long time, I was recommending HTC settle with Apple.