Qualcomm is ready to bring quad-core Snapdragon S4 chips to entry-level smartphones
0. phoneArena 27 Sep 2012, 01:51 posted on
Two newly announced chips will bring better performance to the non-premium smartphone segment...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Low-end and quad-core? Nexus 7 like devices with capable hardware at low price points? Great stuff.
3. aayupanday (Posts: 572; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Qualcomm adopting Nvidia's Kai project = HeLL YeaH
7. maryaaadil (Posts: 146; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
But this time it will perform 2x better than tegra 3......
9. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1234; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Buddy it means we will have some awesome android devices with cheap price tags coming our way!!!
4. Daniel.95 (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
But Intel will be best in mobile market with valleyview soon
6. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
been a Qualcomm fan since i joined the smartphone game... and i haven't ever forgotten why. :)
8. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I think Qualcomm is starting to shape up into Intel of the future
12. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4774; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
darac, it was always us who stood up to everyone. When people were calling it crapdragons & so on. Now Texas Instruments said bye, bye to OMAP so it looks like no OMAP 5 at all.
Qualcomm's domination is so HUGE that the Krait S4 in the form of dual & quad-cores will actually start to come out in entry line devices. If you have such a powerful processor would it STILL be considered entry level? lol
All I know is that the Exynos 5 won't be in entry level devices & that will surely help Qualcomm's world domination even more.
I have said it once & I will say it again, Qualcomm is the undisputed world champion & will continue to ride this new renaissance or golden age.
13. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
I disagree. TI is atleast going to bring out the OMAP 5. They were working preety hard on it and even showed some prototypes. So they are going to atleat make the OMAP 5 as their last product.
10. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1234; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
If Qulacomm plays its cards right then we can see a paradigm shift and diversity in sillicon not only in smartphones but also in larger devics.
+1 for options!
11. vivek_ananda (Posts: 25; Member since: 20 Jan 2012)
no gpu details? I expect a better one than adreno 205. Not adreno 203 present in the current s4 play chips.
14. romeo1 (Posts: 675; Member since: 06 Jan 2012)
would be nice to have good entry level android hopefully below the 200€ cause sony makes really good low end phones but are a bit over the 200€ here.
maybe we'll get more brands now with great low ends and maybe a bit cheaper.