Qualcomm is ready to bring quad-core Snapdragon S4 chips to entry-level smartphones
0. phoneArena posted on 27 Sep 2012, 01:51
Two newly announced chips will bring better performance to the non-premium smartphone segment...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. No_Nonsense posted on 27 Sep 2012, 01:54 5
Low-end and quad-core? Nexus 7 like devices with capable hardware at low price points? Great stuff.
3. aayupanday posted on 27 Sep 2012, 02:14 5
Qualcomm adopting Nvidia's Kai project = HeLL YeaH
7. maryaaadil posted on 27 Sep 2012, 03:57 2
But this time it will perform 2x better than tegra 3......
9. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:16 3
Buddy it means we will have some awesome android devices with cheap price tags coming our way!!!
4. Daniel.95 posted on 27 Sep 2012, 02:42 0
But Intel will be best in mobile market with valleyview soon
6. ILikeBubbles posted on 27 Sep 2012, 03:25 2
been a Qualcomm fan since i joined the smartphone game... and i haven't ever forgotten why. :)
8. darac posted on 27 Sep 2012, 05:36 1
I think Qualcomm is starting to shape up into Intel of the future
12. SuperAndroidEvo posted on 27 Sep 2012, 07:36 3
darac, it was always us who stood up to everyone. When people were calling it crapdragons & so on. Now Texas Instruments said bye, bye to OMAP so it looks like no OMAP 5 at all.
Qualcomm's domination is so HUGE that the Krait S4 in the form of dual & quad-cores will actually start to come out in entry line devices. If you have such a powerful processor would it STILL be considered entry level? lol
All I know is that the Exynos 5 won't be in entry level devices & that will surely help Qualcomm's world domination even more.
I have said it once & I will say it again, Qualcomm is the undisputed world champion & will continue to ride this new renaissance or golden age.
13. IHateApple posted on 27 Sep 2012, 09:27 0
I disagree. TI is atleast going to bring out the OMAP 5. They were working preety hard on it and even showed some prototypes. So they are going to atleat make the OMAP 5 as their last product.
10. PhenomFaz posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:18 0
If Qulacomm plays its cards right then we can see a paradigm shift and diversity in sillicon not only in smartphones but also in larger devics.
+1 for options!
11. vivek_ananda posted on 27 Sep 2012, 06:24 0
no gpu details? I expect a better one than adreno 205. Not adreno 203 present in the current s4 play chips.
14. romeo1 posted on 27 Sep 2012, 12:15 0
would be nice to have good entry level android hopefully below the 200€ cause sony makes really good low end phones but are a bit over the 200€ here.
maybe we'll get more brands now with great low ends and maybe a bit cheaper.