Qualcomm exec who called Apple's A7 a "gimmick" has been reassigned
2. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
"A reputation takes a lifetime to earn but only a second to destroy."
3. Birds (Posts: 1139; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
Well... I still don't get this whole 64 bit thing... The fact that a processor is able to process more memory at once will give it a significant performance boost? It's hard to wrap my mind around with the limited knowledge I have and I would appreciate it of someone could explain it to me in further depth. I still don't think a future dual core 1.6 gigahertz exynos (64-bit of course on the 28 nm process) coupled with...maybe 4-6 gigs of ram and even the most powerful mobile GPU can compete with with even a dual core i5 Haswell of the same clockspeed... I'm just perplexed.
7. lyndon420 (Posts: 2888; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I believe they are referring to a user experience boost and even less lag.
54. sniper1087 (Posts: 451; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Well true I am not really sure besides the memory use, besides devs making compatible apps with 64 bits. In retrospective it should provide better performance, but at some point you get diminishing returns, the thing that surprised me with apple is the browser reaching a 400 score in sunspider test, while my pc got 198 or so, very close to desktop performance, the closest so far, on my Z1 it got a 780 so is very impressive of what apple has done to their webkit.
62. bigstrudel (Posts: 518; Member since: 20 Aug 2012)
To put it in perspective very few android Superphones can even compete with the year old iPhone 5 in web performance. On iOS 6 the iPhone 5 got 620ms on Sunspider. On iOS 7 is just above 700. On year old hardware.
63. sniper1087 (Posts: 451; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Well thats good for apple i mean sunspider scores never been that low in a smartphone(were lower is better) so it is indeed an achievement.
38. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 166; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
What is with all this hatred twords others fav. OS I use android and love it I live to flash costom roms to sony ericsson xperia play or my motorola droid 1...but that's just me some people may love the simplicity and stability of ios and that's cool for them as long as there fav. Companies ain't messing with mine I could care less about what they choose....
39. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1703; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Hell yea, dats what happens when you speak the truth and makes Apple look bad
41. Sire3008 (Posts: 87; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
Really sorry for this guy though. Qualcomm just want to protect there private interest since they were building their own 64 bit chip. They don't want others to view it as a gimmick
46. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1639; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Just reading the byline showed me that it was Michael. He was wrong initially, and he is still wrong, but unfortunately, he won't pay for his ignorance and hubris like Mr. Chandrasekhar.
47. Darth_Muffin (Posts: 18; Member since: 06 Oct 2013)
Word for the day " Hell Yea!"
Ok.... Ok... I'm in too..
57. androadictto (Posts: 13; Member since: 17 Oct 2013)
There you go Apple s fan giving excuses, and the truth will set up free.
60. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
has his reconsignment got anything to do with the 64bit comment or is it just a slow news day that tech sites thought lets make something out of nothing lol