Qualcomm brags about its Quick Charge 1.0 Snapdragon tech that tops up your phone 40% faster
0. phoneArena posted on 14 Feb 2013, 08:41
The rapid charging technology is being already used on phones like the Droid DNA, Lumia 920 or the Nexus 4, and without it those phones would have charged for more than four hours, while now the total time is less than three...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Firedrops posted on 14 Feb 2013, 08:52 22 1
Apple would've released an entirely new generation of devices marketed entirely around this.
+1 Qualcomm for actual innovation and humbleness
11. samashok posted on 14 Feb 2013, 19:36 4 0
Apple Sucks.... wish apple gets erased from the face of the Earth....
2. hung2900 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 09:50 7 0
"The rapid juicing technology is being already used on phones like the Droid DNA, Lumia 920 or the Nexus 4, and without it those phones would have charged for more than four hours, while now the total time is less than three."
My Note2 with the massive 3100 mAh battery is full-charged for about 2.5 - 2.75 hours without it.
But fast charging is not always good for battery long living.
4. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 14 Feb 2013, 12:04 1 0
I thought about battery life as well but when you take into consideration the newer battery technology and how most people keep phones for only a couple of years, shouldn't be that bad. Even if it does diminish overall battery performance near the end, batteries are a lot cheaper than they used to be.
8. rallyguy posted on 14 Feb 2013, 14:28 1 0
Exactly. By having a removable battery this isn't an issue at all really.
6. juanyunis posted on 14 Feb 2013, 13:16 0 0
Exactly my Note 2 also charges very fast and we are not using "Quick Charge 1.0", so yeah maybe Qualcomm made something good but Samsung too. The good thing here is that we are reaching new and better technologies, and Qualcomm/Samsung are in the scene.
3. wando77 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 09:53 0 1
My galaxy s3 fully charges in around 1.5hrs without this
7. XaErO posted on 14 Feb 2013, 14:08 0 0
Agree that S3 is one of the best android available in market; but still it does not hold true to charge the battery fully in 1.5 hours ..
9. thephoneguy92 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 15:34 0 0
It's pretty close believe it or not. Mine charged up pretty quick
10. zig8100 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 16:41 0 0
Quad Core? Cause mine takes forever. One of the reasons I got an extra battery. US GS3 here. Daul Core.
12. nexus718 posted on 14 Feb 2013, 20:47 0 0
No wonder, because my nexus 4 charger in about 2 hours and 15 min according to battery widget reborn
13. samsungcaptivateglide777 posted on 17 Feb 2013, 21:57 0 0
To bad its not for the S3 chips...