Qualcomm announces new Snapdragon S4 and S1 mobile chipsets
0. phoneArena 16 Nov 2011, 07:15 posted on
Qualcomm unveiled today the full suite of its upcoming Snapdragon S4 chipsets, including updates to the already announced APQ8064, which is rumored to find way into the quad-core HTC Zeta handset next year...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. HTCiscool (Posts: 449; Member since: 16 Jul 2011)
*Remixfa goes out of his way to find excuses to bash these new S4 chips*
3. remixfa (Posts: 14169; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Nope, not yet. I wait until the chips fall to make my decisions. I will happily bash the S1,S2, and S3 as they all suck (compared to their competitors) though. New generations bring new winners. I am a tech enthusiast, i root for any and all tech. No company owns my opinion.
Thanks for thinking of me though :)
5. remixfa (Posts: 14169; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i ment to say
one thing that being behind does for a lot of people is make them rethink their decisions and a lot of times they come out stronger than ever after a few last place finishes. Qualcomm could quite easily pull out a monster chip this round
2. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4432; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Not bad the 28nm S4 Krait processors are probably going to come out Q1 of 2012. That means that the 28nm S4 Krait quad-core should be out by the time the new HTC Evo hits in late Q2 or early Q3 of 2012. This also falls in line with Sprint's timeline of releasing their first LTE phones.
These Qualcomm S4 Krait processors look to be very powerful SoC's. The battery life on these 28nm processors will be phenomenal. I can't wait!
4. remixfa (Posts: 14169; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
last report showed Q3, Q4 of next year. Now the trick is.. can ya hold off on a new phone until all the quads drop?? lol its getting sooo hard to wait
14. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
I'll personally skip the dual-core gang and wait for Sony's or be it Samsung's Flagship Quadcore Phones. . .
6. arcq12 (Posts: 733; Member since: 13 Oct 2011)
this is definitely a great chip but we\'re not sure what 2012 has up for. we might see some better TI and Exynos...
7. toxic (Posts: 11; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
have you seen the video of the invedia tegra 3 chip with 5 cores, unreal
15. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Yes and I cant wait for TI's and the Quadcore chip of samsung to be announce. . .
8. jasongohjr (Posts: 75; Member since: 26 Sep 2011)
The tech industry always need some catching up... Haizzzz
9. skymitch89 (Posts: 1121; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Who uses EvDo-Rev B? No one that I know of in the states does to my knowledge.
10. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i remember reading about the MSM8960 a few months ago thinking it was pretty impressive. i haven\'t changed my mind on that...yet. forgive me for being skeptical.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14169; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
i get massive thumbs down for being openly skeptical. :(
so ill give you a thumbs up! :)
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5647; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's okay buddy, we know better. i give you all thumbs up! (:
13. ap1989 (Posts: 145; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
ill wait when it's 8 cores cause i really need a new phone. i need to get off this 2 year old Droid OG