Quadcore powered Nokia Lumia shows up on GFXBench
0. phoneArena 16 Jun 2013, 15:29 posted on
For Windows Phone fans hoping that their favorite platform will soon get the same hardware support that other OS get, some good news has appeared on GPU benchmarking site GFXBench. While the site concentrates on scoring the Adreno 305 GPU on the unnamed device, it does show that a quad-core processor is on board the unit...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. clevername (Posts: 1431; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Odd that the resolution is 720 and not 768. Exciting.
7. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
because it has 720p screen doesn't mean it is a mid range
don't be a lame blind customer who buys everything what manufacturers throw at you.
13. Omar-BHR95 (Posts: 184; Member since: 23 Dec 2012)
nokia will not use 720p panels on their next flagship that is coming Q4 this year
17. akki20892 (Posts: 3618; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
it's a first nokia quad core phone with 1080p. this showing us 720p because i guess it's a prototype device.
21. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1040; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Sorry, but the only quad cores from Qualcomm using Adreno 305 have four A7 cortex.
Also Adreno 305 is not really capable to drive 1080p at an acceptable framerate, you need Adreno 320 for that.
So definitely a mid range phone.
24. akki20892 (Posts: 3618; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
r u sure bro did u see OS version is 8 that mean nokia testing quad core on windows phone 8 device which is support only 720p.
26. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1040; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I'm pretty certain, but you can check yoursef
And you can check all 1080p Androids phones, all have Adreno 320 or similar. Adreno 305 is good enough for 720p, but not advisable to go over that.
2. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it means that Nokia is stepping up the game. When they get their hardware more "nowadays" (for some) they will be much more competetive. But I surely doubt that windows needs quad core and 1080p.
12. icyrock1 (Posts: 305; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
"But I surely doubt that windows needs quad core and 1080p."
I know quite a few people who haven't bought wp because of those 'pizzazz' features that there android competition have. I was at Verizon a few days ago, and the sales man was trying his damn hardest to convince people who were on the edge of either getting a WP or android device to get the android. The argument he used was it had a better screen and was faster.
Honestly? It needs these just to get people to take them seriously (those who are selling them will stop By about em').
20. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1008; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
he's a horrible sales person then if he's actually trying to convince the customers to get something according to his opinion
18. akki20892 (Posts: 3618; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i guess nop........this is a prototype device that's why showing us 720p, wait and see it will have 1080p.
5. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
that is probably mediatek quad-core processor........
6. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
despite teh fact tha ms signed clinched the contract with qualcomm...wow, your sources are incredibly reliable
9. Gaurav008 (Posts: 279; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Nothing to get terribly excited for really.I say this because of the GPU used,this might just be another midrange phone and the processor might be Quad core-Snapdragon 400 or Snapdragon Plus.Therefore,not exactly Bleeding Edge specs.
16. Sav1oR (Posts: 14; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
Nokia's midrange phones run circles around Lagdroids top high end phones. It's a fact.
10. sbw44 (Posts: 404; Member since: 04 Dec 2012)
Snapdragon 400 uses adreno 305. so this will probably be a mid ranger.
19. akki20892 (Posts: 3618; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
i don't think, because WP don't need that much powerful processor. i guess nokia will get 400 for high range. 800 or 600 will hit in nokia phablet.
22. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Let's hope so, SD 800, aluminium casing, GDR3 update with PV Camera technology and a 6 inch screen, this will be the one all others in this segment will be studying!
14. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Lumia 925/928/EOS/EOS Phablet and another Phablet in the works along with a cheaper lumia 920 (still a high end) and a quad core Lumia, Nokia certainly aren't wasting their time with low ends and focusing purely on the higher end of the market when you compare it with last year's offering, plus they are churning out loads of models. The confidence seems to be swinging on the up which is good.
15. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Other OS in the article refers to only Android.
27. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
the processor is gonna be the snapdragon 400