Quad-core packing HTC Edge gets its codename changed to "Endeavor," but might launch as the "Supreme"
Possibly due to the fair amount of information leaked about the handset prior to its unveiling, HTC has gone forward to change the codename of the handset to the HTC Endeavor. So why is this such a big deal? For starters, codenames are normally used internally by the company when referring to its lineup of devices – even long after they’re released! Well, they do this instead of having to name each version of the same device under their respective names.
Of course, there’s no arguing that the Taiwan based company wants to do whatever they can to build some anticipation and buzz around its products, but when too much information is simply released ahead of time, it kind of minimizes the results – hence why they’re probably changing its codename.
However, it’s believed that the smartphone will indeed be prepped in time for a Mobile World Congress official debut. When it does launch officially, its retail name is expected to be the “Supreme,” which seemingly sounds like a fitting name for a device of this caliber.
1. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
now that's a great name for a flagship phone
2. christianqwerty (Posts: 463; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Look at the difference between the first dual core phone VS samsungs dual core exynos processor. People should really wait until other phones work on their quad core processors, because the first isn't usually the best
17. roscuthiii (Posts: 1887; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Very true, but someone's got to take the leap in order for the follow-up stream lining to take place.
3. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I dont care what name it is. I looked at possible leaked shots, or fake renders of what it might look like. The familiar back side of the all HTC phones are way different. The camera lens and flash are now just one big square.
8. Cwebb (Posts: 501; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Evo 2. Because apparently they count backwards in Taiwan
19. JEEPOFFROADV8 (Posts: 35; Member since: 01 Apr 2009)
all thou i love my evo3d, this phone looks amazing.
9. ChiX017 (Posts: 308; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
all these codenames sound like noise 2 me...devices such as iPhone 5 & Lumia 900 build more hype.
11. Jarahawk (Posts: 43; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
Droid Supreme? Verizon? Well it will be out of my price range, but perhaps it would drive down the price of the Rezound...
12. jubbing (Posts: 150; Member since: 20 Aug 2008)
So the HTC Edge became the HTC Endeavor which will become the HTC Supreme? Edge was a wicked name, don't know why they didn't stick with it (certainly the best of the lot there)
14. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5664; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i kind of think the Droid Razr should've been called the Droid Edge instead. o:
15. rockstarlive (Posts: 307; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
HTC going to announce what ever its called before MWC next month.
16. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6946; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
PLEASE HTC LET THS COME TO AT&T. I've been waiting for a QUAD core phone on AT&T and a better screen plus battery life