Quad-core Samsung Galaxy S III to score "superlative" benchmarks, but only in the global version
0. phoneArena 19 Apr 2012, 04:26 posted on
We've seen the game before - Samsung using different processors for the same phone in different regions. We've seen it from others as well, like HTC with the "global" One X with quad-core Tegra 3, and the "local" with Snapdragon S4 for AT&T...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
13. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
If you don't like it doesn't mean it's not true
49. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
It reminds me last years and rumours about Samsung Galaxy S II and two different GPUs.
2. ScottSchneider (Posts: 334; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Exynos SoC ------------------------------- \
Quad-Core 1.8Ghz \
2GB RAM /
2000mAh Battery ------------------------------- /
3. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
eye-tracking and bezel-less are my most admired ! also quad core, 2000 battery, 1080p, exynos and 2GB of RAM ! HAHA :P
7. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
and what are you going to do with 2GB of RAM?
26. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
In mine opinion it is stupid question, the same question was about 1GB of RAM... Look to the future!
54. khanmhsn (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
it is for better multi tasking.dude you should keep yourself uptdated.
71. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
"you should keep yourself uptdated"?
i wasnt talking about the benefits of more RAM, i know it helps in better multitasking but 2GB is still more then a average user'll ever need 1 and half GB is more than enough.
64. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
run different apps on different parts of the FHD screen ;D
9. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
yeah right, same old ifans rumor on iphone.. not surprising.
25. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
2GB of RAM idk...
I have heard that the new generation of RAM memory for mobile devices will come only in early 2013, but that not approved yet.
67. JewishMan (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
It could still be 2GB of RAM... the NVIDIA Tegra 3 that has been out since late 2011 is capable of handling 2GB of RAM, its just that the few companies that use the Tegra 3 didn't want to pay to put 2GB of RAM in their devices, so we have only seen 1GB so far.
72. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Agree, but they won't start buying old generation 2 GB RAM memory because soon here will be new generation, thats mean they will wait till 2013.
40. deeoh1084 (Posts: 50; Member since: 30 Dec 2009)
1080p screen sounds good but for some reason
i prefer 720p to conserve battery usage but if they
can get same battery usage out of 1080p as 720p
i'm sold!!!! all i want from this GSIII will be probably
the Quad Core & 2000mAh or higher Battery
4. ScottSchneider (Posts: 334; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Exynos SoC ------------------------------- \
Quad-Core 1.8Ghz \ SAMSUNG
2GB RAM ANDROID ICS I GALAXY SUPER S III
2000mAh Battery / SMARTPHONE
Ceramic Outer ------------------------------- /
And just add Whatever you like in it , Just for you...
10. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
you are as stupid as 1080p screen on a phone would be
5. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It will be rumor-ville until the handset actually ships. Then, there will be either a bunch of happy owners, or not many really bummed owners.
6. wendygarett (unregistered)
If AT&T use crapdragon again, I would say GOODBYE!!!
8. henrickrw (Posts: 408; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Exynos is Exynos. .... The best out there. Crapdragon ...LOL
12. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Kid, just wait when dual core S4 PRO(1.8ghz, Adreno 320 GPU) beats this quad core Exynos.
Mark my words.
43. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Yes the Qualcomm Krait S4 Pro will be sweet. 1.8GHz 28nm technology with Adreno 320 GPU will be insanely powerful.
darac I have been saying the same thing for a VERY long time!
+1 to you & the S4 Pro! lol
55. khanmhsn (Posts: 25; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
there is no way snapdragon can beat mali.the mali-400mp(galaxy s2) can run quad core games(tegra 3).if you dont believe me search it on youtube.
74. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4847; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Look up Adreno 320. They say it's going to be more powerful than the Xbox360/PS3. That is going to be best. The Mali-400 is a little bit less powerful compared to the Adreno 225. The Exynos on the Samsung Galaxy S II is not more powerful than the Krait S4 dual-core with Adreno 225. The Krait S4 Pro will be a 28nm 1.5 to 1.8GHz dual-core with Adreno 320.
Here is are some stats as per PhoneArena.com:
HTC One S (S4 dual-core with Adreno 225):
Quadrant: 4867, AnTuTu: 7012, NenaMark 2: 60,7
HTC One X (Tegra 3 quad-core):
Quadrant: 4848, AnTuTu: 11024, NenaMark 2: 47,4
Samsung Galaxy S II (Exynos C210 dual-core):
Quadrant: 3113, AnTuTu: 6076, NenaMark 2: 51
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (OMAP 4460 dual-core):
Quadrant: 2000, AnTuTu: 5503, NenaMark 2: 24
I think you need to go & do your research.
11. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
do u guys know that the full potiential of xbox360 and ps3 has never been utilised, quad cores will be no better than single core unless someone programs the app to better utilise all 4.
17. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
what in the hell does that have to do with this article?
21. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
In Quadrant the oneS and OneX scores about the same as quadrant is not taking advantages of all cores
Compared with antutu which is using all 4 cores
23. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Quadrant got an update back in february to support multiple cores
31. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
By multiple cores I think the devs mean dual core