Quad-core Meizu MX arriving in China on June 30th
The device is available in multiple colors, and along with the four cores of Exynos goodness will ship with a four inch 960 x 640 display, an 8 megapixel camera, and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The phone will also ship with Flyme 1.0, Meizu’s customer Android experience that will be running on top of Android 4.0. Meizu promises custom Flyme messaging apps and a “heavily improved camera app”.
While Meizu only plans to release the MX Quad-core in China, they are clearly producing first-rate hardware at this point, and if they find success in China they may be encouraged to bring their handsets to the rest of the world. Or with China now the largest smartphone market in the world, maybe they’ve decided they don’t need to.
source: Meizu via The Verge
1. KissyQueeny (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Is this even legal? I mean copying the iphone to that extent?
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Which part looks like iPhone? Corners?
For me it doesn't look like iPhone.
4. KissyQueeny (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
oh come on, the front side looks literally the same as the iphone's, design-wise. The only thing missing is the home button.
5. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"...front side looks literally the same as the iphone's..."
And what exactly on front side looks like iPhone? Black colour?
7. MEeee (Posts: 232; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Why is your car or TV front side looks exactly like other brands, unless you don't have any.
8. MEeee (Posts: 232; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
What about Apple iGadgets home button look like the 2004 HP iPAQ.
15. KissyQueeny (banned) (Posts: 17; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
Ok, ok I admit, I'm really deeply convinced now, that this phone looks nothing like the iphone (notice the sarcasm)...
16. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
And what we see here could you explain ?
24. shadows4271 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Only an I-diot (Apple lover) would think this looks like. If you said the Galaxy SIII, you would have been believeable. Typical of Apple fans claiming credit spceially when none is due
14. sid07desai (Posts: 255; Member since: 03 May 2012)
just because its rectangular? you're really smart.
10. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Use the Pythagoras' Theorem and then divide by screen size, basically it's 288 pixels per inch.
9. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
That's an awesome phone but only if it were sold out of China.
11. thunderising (Posts: 225; Member since: 25 Nov 2011)
anything which is rectangle is not iPhone
12. AhmadAlsayegh (Posts: 253; Member since: 18 Jul 2011)
Impressive design! And the buttons look sleek to me.
with this resolution, it may beat the s3 in performance.
Damn it phonearena..Bring the mobile site already! When are u going to do it, when I'm dead and every one around is old?
13. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5478; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
"Impressive design! And the buttons look sleek to me.
with this resolution, it may beat the s3 in performance."
Agree, would be interesting to see. :)
".Bring the mobile site already!"
What mobile site?
17. Mube1 (Posts: 153; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Illegal for samsung,htc.nokia and moto only for rest of the companies its legal,apple are u blind
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4004; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They only sue about things they find threatening to them
18. tarmpung (Posts: 15; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
super copy Chinese phone. It can't be sold outside China because it's illegal.
21. tiara6918 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
Yeah I think meizu should sell this phones only in china for the meantime. When the time comes that they already sold as many devices as the galaxy s2/3, note and iPhone that's the time that they already know what strategies to make to sell the phone. In china, I really can only see samsung and apple as the top smart phones owned by the consumers. It would be a waste if they would plan to sell on other countries while they can't even sell as much as in china itself.
23. themestizokid (Posts: 4; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
If anything this looks like an Ipod Touch not an Iphone, Iphones are tiny,and are more rectangular than the beautiful cellphone shown here,not to mention that they have a glass back as well..