Quad-core Meizu MX arriving in China on June 30th
The device is available in multiple colors, and along with the four cores of Exynos goodness will ship with a four inch 960 x 640 display, an 8 megapixel camera, and either 32GB or 64GB of internal storage. The phone will also ship with Flyme 1.0, Meizu’s customer Android experience that will be running on top of Android 4.0. Meizu promises custom Flyme messaging apps and a “heavily improved camera app”.
While Meizu only plans to release the MX Quad-core in China, they are clearly producing first-rate hardware at this point, and if they find success in China they may be encouraged to bring their handsets to the rest of the world. Or with China now the largest smartphone market in the world, maybe they’ve decided they don’t need to.
source: Meizu via The Verge
1. KissyQueeny (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 13:49 2
Is this even legal? I mean copying the iphone to that extent?
2. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 Jun 2012, 13:54 8
Which part looks like iPhone? Corners?
For me it doesn't look like iPhone.
4. KissyQueeny (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:02 1
oh come on, the front side looks literally the same as the iphone's, design-wise. The only thing missing is the home button.
5. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:15 7
"...front side looks literally the same as the iphone's..."
And what exactly on front side looks like iPhone? Black colour?
7. MEeee posted on 25 Jun 2012, 14:59 5
Why is your car or TV front side looks exactly like other brands, unless you don't have any.
8. MEeee posted on 25 Jun 2012, 15:09 3
What about Apple iGadgets home button look like the 2004 HP iPAQ.
20. tarmpung posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:44 0
15. KissyQueeny (banned) posted on 25 Jun 2012, 17:19 1
Ok, ok I admit, I'm really deeply convinced now, that this phone looks nothing like the iphone (notice the sarcasm)...
16. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 Jun 2012, 18:06 0
And what we see here could you explain ?
19. tarmpung posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:43 1
I do see it. It is an Apple iphone Copy.
24. shadows4271 posted on 12 Sep 2012, 05:25 0
Only an I-diot (Apple lover) would think this looks like. If you said the Galaxy SIII, you would have been believeable. Typical of Apple fans claiming credit spceially when none is due
14. sid07desai posted on 25 Jun 2012, 16:41 2
just because its rectangular? you're really smart.
10. Muhannad posted on 25 Jun 2012, 15:15 0
Use the Pythagoras' Theorem and then divide by screen size, basically it's 288 pixels per inch.
9. Muhannad posted on 25 Jun 2012, 15:15 0
That's an awesome phone but only if it were sold out of China.
12. AhmadAlsayegh posted on 25 Jun 2012, 16:04 0
Impressive design! And the buttons look sleek to me.
with this resolution, it may beat the s3 in performance.
Damn it phonearena..Bring the mobile site already! When are u going to do it, when I'm dead and every one around is old?
13. PhoneArenaUser posted on 25 Jun 2012, 16:38 0
"Impressive design! And the buttons look sleek to me.
with this resolution, it may beat the s3 in performance."
Agree, would be interesting to see. :)
".Bring the mobile site already!"
What mobile site?
17. Mube1 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:06 0
Illegal for samsung,htc.nokia and moto only for rest of the companies its legal,apple are u blind
22. Berzerk000 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 21:16 2
They only sue about things they find threatening to them
18. tarmpung posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:29 0
super copy Chinese phone. It can't be sold outside China because it's illegal.
21. tiara6918 posted on 25 Jun 2012, 20:58 0
Yeah I think meizu should sell this phones only in china for the meantime. When the time comes that they already sold as many devices as the galaxy s2/3, note and iPhone that's the time that they already know what strategies to make to sell the phone. In china, I really can only see samsung and apple as the top smart phones owned by the consumers. It would be a waste if they would plan to sell on other countries while they can't even sell as much as in china itself.
23. themestizokid posted on 25 Jun 2012, 23:50 0
If anything this looks like an Ipod Touch not an Iphone, Iphones are tiny,and are more rectangular than the beautiful cellphone shown here,not to mention that they have a glass back as well..