Quad-core "Hollywood" and entry level "Coyote" Android tablets prepped by Amazon
0. phoneArena 17 May 2011, 02:38 posted on
We got a tip that Amazon is in the final stages of building its Android-powered tablet, and it turned out not one, but two of them might be on tap from the giant online retailer - quad-core "Hollywood", and entry level "Koyote" ones...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. toorop (unregistered)
There are no applications for that (for the normal user) I have an iPad 2 and there is no difference to teh original iPad. Except of few games like Infinity Blade, but the improvements are only visible in direct comparison. And what can quadcore do? I have no idea. Maybe eating the battery :D
3. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Luckily you have no idea of what quad core do
2. Android Applications Developme (unregistered)
Wow this is a real good newz that Amazon is coming up with two Android handsets "Coyote and Hollywood". Please disclose about their prices also.
4. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
actually the more cores you have, the better your battery because they turn off all the unused cores and run on minimum power exept when you need it. Dual cores are better with battery than a single core.. so on and so forth.
5. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
plus lets not talk about the insane game performance this will get, and with a quad core 1Ghz android tab with 2GB ram placed around 400-600 bucks is way better that any netbook
13. Lucas777 (Posts: 2137; Member since: 06 Jan 2011)
i dont think this will be around 400-600 bucks...
6. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
A quad-core 10 inch tablet with 2 gigs of RAM for $400 to $600 isn't going to be happening any time soon. Maybe in time for XMAS of 2012, but not before.
7. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
right on time for some Santa love maybe? I may be dreaming
10. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
can i dream with you???? lol
i just love the fact that they call the tegra2 "entry level"... lol. so demeaning.
11. protozeloz (Posts: 5394; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
I think NVDIA CEO worked for Gillette :D