Quad-core Asus Transformer Pad 300 to launch in U.S. on April 22nd
0. phoneArena 14 Apr 2012, 01:42 posted on
The latest Asus tablet will be hitting the ground in the U.S. on April 22nd, equipped with a quad-core nvidia Tegra 3 processor; the Asus Transformer Pad 300 will offer a 10.1 inch screen and come out of the box with Android 4.0 installed...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. WakaFlakaD (Posts: 360; Member since: 30 Apr 2011)
Oh you meant iPad?
I am ready for those thumbs down and negative comments!!!xD
9. rf1975 (Posts: 238; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
All depends on the price. But 1280x800 on a quad core chip? All other specs are nice.
40. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
*Good quad core* processor (aka not the Tegra 3) (somewhere around a quadcore s4, that would rock)
*Good screen* (I like 1680*1050) (16:10 is better than 16:9)
*Standard build quality* (the asus and samsung tablets have great build quality, don't give it an expensive cover)
*Nice design* (I would like to have the android buttons seperated more from the screen, they don't seem right being at the bottom of the screen)
*Inputs and outputs* (always useful) (the more the better, usually)
*On android* (WITH GOOD APP SUPPORT)
*Outstanding price point* (will attract people from the iPad) ($350 is great)
*One amazing feature that will make it sell* (idk what it will be)
What you think?
5. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Android? No thanks. Windows 8 please.
One sluggish, laggy, crashy OS. I'm sick of my original Transformer, will never buy an Android
Im ready for thumbs down, stupid fandroids.
11. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
iOS is even more crashy and laggy than Android. I got sick of my iTouch 4 before I went to my Galaxy S2. And the original Transformer had some issues. Don't blame it on Android, blame it on Asus, the manufacturer.
30. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Hello, Asus doesn't customize their Android software at all. Its all coming right out of Google's bank that stores stolen code from Apple.
Learn the facts before using this as an excuse. fandroid
You think I don't have any Android device at all? I do have Asus Transformer and Samsung's developer w8 slates here. I'm sick of you fanboys trying to conceal the facts.
33. greathero1 (Posts: 458; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
I call BS on this one. I had a dual core Android tablet and it crashed at least once a day through heavy use. While not bad, at times it really got bogged down and slow. Since I purchased the iPad, it hasn't crashed once in a month through heavy use. Software and hardware reliability has been exemplary. And this is coming from a avid Android user. From my personal experience, iOS is much more stable than Android on tablets. While Android is my ONLY choice for smartphones, it's definitely outclassed in the tablet segment IMO.
35. davin8r (Posts: 44; Member since: 28 Apr 2011)
No idea what you guys are talking about with all this "instability" crap. I have a Transformer Prime, a Galaxy Nexus, an iPad 2 and the new iPad, and none of them has ever crashed, not even once (Nexus and Transformer are both rooted and flashed with custom BIOS, too). iOS has always been very stable, but so is Ice Cream Sandwich.
37. Commentator (Posts: 2291; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
The only reason I think the Transformer series is on par with the iPad is that they do offer a lot of functionality the iPad doesn't, specifically the full keyboard and track-pad, which completely changes the tablet experience. I would say, however, that the iPad outclasses every single other line of Android tablet out there, including all Galaxy Tabs, simply because they're competing with Apple on Apple's terms. They try to copy the iPad instead of doing something different.
42. greathero1 (Posts: 458; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
That is so true but you can get a Bluetooth keyboard for the iPad and other tablets so that kind of levels the playing field in that respect.
43. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
You do realize that android has true multi-tasking versus I pad that doesn't have it. All you had to do is run a task/app manager to prevent it. This is why it is proven that ios has the most crashes. This is also why ios is for those who are clueless and android is for the more tech savvy.
13. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Shutup troll and wear your iPad you dont want to get your panties wet.
15. RobotMan (Posts: 124; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
You can dream forever.
My TF101 transformer never crash, fast respond, fast upgrade to ICS.
All this crashy , laggy lie is from Microsoft marketing because 50% of American not using smartphone and they are trying very hard to get this new user on board their OS.
18. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
Its pathetic seeing fandroids defending spydroid and the facts.
20. PackMan (Posts: 277; Member since: 09 Mar 2012)
Its pathetic seeing isheeeps not admitting to the fact that iProducts are overpriced craaap,.
And ios is nothing but icon grid, its just pathetic and boring. If you remove all the widgets and run no apps on background even mid-range android phones runs faster than iPhones.
You stupid troll also dont seem to understand that smooth animations does not equal fast performance, just look at windows phone, the transitions and splash screen are just to hide the loading time.
25. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
More like u are!
Answer his question$ first!
That's got nothing to do with rich and
O but you can't cause that's wow IOS
is. The truth hearts!
26. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Hello ifan are u, or can't you answer!
What a cheap poor stupid reply.....
38. Commentator (Posts: 2291; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
If demeaning someone's assumed socio-economic status is your only comeback, I'm afraid you can't be taken seriously.
24. Chronos (Posts: 257; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
What facts? You haven't proven anything...
28. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
root? uh, so I can't have a good experience out of the box with Android? Fail.
31. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
In everything you own have there is
a progress..fine tunning in cars pc labtops!
32. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Blame asus not android. Android is very
Resource hungry. Hardware is not upto
date to run android. Thats why its slow
44. eaxvac (Posts: 328; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
yeah right, as I said Asus dont' do any customization to the stock Android.
Are you saying that Android is laggy too?
36. Commentator (Posts: 2291; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You get thumbs down for literally asking for it and calling people stupid, not for voicing your opinion.
6. saiki4116 (Posts: 324; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
better offering than galaxy tab2 10.1"...
7. ceejei14 (Posts: 10; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Now that the transformer prime and 300 series already has its release dates... When are they going to release the pad infinity?
8. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
the tablet lacks flash compared to the prime.
we all know the iPad and the TPrime are equals so stop bashing each other. for now, i will wait for a samsung offering, since the infinity is not worth the upgrade from my prime.
12. TylerGrunter (Posts: 859; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
It´s normal that it lacks compared to the Prime, at the very end is just the cheap version of the Prime. The specs are the same save for it´s plastic and has versions with 16 and 32GB instead of 32 and 64GB.
But if plastic means 100$ less, it´s more than welcome to me!
14. bobfreking55 (Posts: 866; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
yep. but the 300 series have 3G selections while the prime has none.
17. TylerGrunter (Posts: 859; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
You are right about that!
I never thought about it becasue I find it a bit silly for me to buy a tablet with 3G. I can tether the data from my phone when needed, I guess not everyone does/can.
So I only look at the Wifi tablets.
39. Commentator (Posts: 2291; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
What ever happened to that? I haven't seen a news article on the Infinity in months, it seems. It looks like the only tablet out there that can take on the new iPad in terms of specs, and I'm really looking forward to comparing the two.
41. solidsnakeduds013 (Posts: 215; Member since: 20 Oct 2010)
Dam didn't the prime come out like 6 to 7 months ago? Well I guess that's enough time for a new Asus pad