Q1 2013: OK quarter for iPad, bad quarter for everyone else
0. phoneArena posted on 08 Feb 2013, 04:22
Let's start 2013 with a quick tablet sales forecast! As you all know, tablets are all the rage now, with almost every consumer electronics manufacturer producing their own models and trying to get a piece of this growing pie...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. cas_shekhar posted on 08 Feb 2013, 04:37 6 2
Its really difficult to beat iPad in terms of quality and usefulness. Just like SGSIII in smartphone, iPad is the king of tabs.
4. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 08 Feb 2013, 05:14 4 1
Just a matter of time...
WAIT AND SEE!!
10. xtplnet posted on 08 Feb 2013, 08:09 2 0
Its like Ipad performance is too good as compared to android tablets and well for window 8, I will still prefer to buy full laptop rather than windows RT tablet.
2. darac posted on 08 Feb 2013, 04:40 5 2
Come on, Samsung..go all out and release a super specced, high quality, well designed Note tablet already
5. nikenturd (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2013, 06:17 7 0
I hope SAMSUNG doesnt screw this one up by pricing the NOTE 8 tablet too high....
18. rex1213 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 18:54 0 0
Yeah I hope too. But wait...the rumors suggest that Note 8 will be priced at €450. I kinda hope THAT rumor won't be for real as it is too steep of a price for a small-sized tab
7. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 08 Feb 2013, 07:12 3 0
Let me know when the quarter is actually over.
8. andylancheros1 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 07:12 4 0
We need a new Note that worth the buy! Ipad is great however is too freaking xpensive, we need a new Android 5.0 to beat that one up with great price and usefullness! Go Sammy
12. boosook posted on 08 Feb 2013, 08:37 4 0
Ipad rules? Ipad is king? LOL! Did you look at the graph or you only read the article's title?
Who made the forecast? Look at the graph: from when the nexus tablets came out, there are three facts:
1) non-ipdad shipments have jumped from 5 million in Q2 to 11.5 in Q3 and then 22 in Q4, that's an exponential rise
2) instead, the ipad curve is not so good, in particular there has been no increment between Q3 and Q4
2) in Q4 there have been more non-ipad shipments than ipad shipments
So how could anyone do that prediction? I say: we'll see.
13. funnyguy (limited) 3 days ago posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:06 0 0
The ipad is going to rule , specially after Samsungs decision of pricing the note 8 at 400 dollars...
14. roscuthiii posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:34 2 0
You can tell which articles are written by Ray just by looking at the title. Not even halfway through the quarter and he's already got an article claiming Q1 will be bad for every tablet but the iPad.
I think the Digitimes report may even prove to be accurate, but Ray is still an Apple fanboy cheerleader. Can anyone not imagine him smiling perversely as he hit 'enter' to post this?
15. gallitoking posted on 08 Feb 2013, 09:57 1 4
there is not a tablet market .. there is an ipad market... welcome all challengers
16. darkkjedii posted on 08 Feb 2013, 10:54 0 3
Now that's actually a true statement. The iPad has better than 50% of that market, the rest make up the rest. iPad is the king, due to the end user experience. It takes more than specs people.
19. networkdood posted on 11 Feb 2013, 09:08 0 0
why is that important to both of you that APPLE owns the tablet market - you both act like you get something out of it. I have the orginal ipad and the new one does look nice, but for my money the Nexus 7 is the king - when comparing cost and quality for what you pay for. The ipad has better screen quality, that is about it. Glad you like overpaying for products. APPLE has you both suckered in, and I am jealous...lol, jealous, that I did not create a company that overprices its products.