Push To Walk: Sprint's iDEN service set to pass away on June 30th
0. phoneArena 05 Jun 2013, 22:18 posted on
Over a year ago, Sprint said that it could close down it's iDEN push-to-talk network on June 30th; sure enough, a little more than a year later the carrier says that it will pull the plug on iDEN at 12:01 am June 30th. That means the final full day of service will be June 29th and on that day Sprint will be busy trying to get its iDEN customers moved over to its Direct Connect service...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
More like 'Push to Grave' like it's coverage, if you ask me.
3. wumberpeb (Posts: 445; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
it's been fun Nextel... but your time is done. Leave us your frequencies and let us spin that into enhanced 4G LTE building penetration and increase coverage
4. DnB925Art (Posts: 420; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Now they can start using iDen's spectrum and make Sprint better
5. fjftokyo (Posts: 57; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
No more churps no more ghetto people letting us know about their personal life on speaker phone
7. max9777 (Posts: 74; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
Uhm, your wrong here, Sprint has Direct Connect, which is pretty much the same thing!!! The only thing is, it does not operate on IDEN network.
9. lsutigers (Posts: 772; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
An it has nothing to do with ghetto people. Many large and small companies run their business on Direct Connect.
10. DonkeySauce (Posts: 160; Member since: 03 Dec 2011)
It barely operates on the CDMA network :(
6. TruPatriot (Posts: 92; Member since: 27 May 2013)
800mhz LTE can't get here fast enough. You're only like 2 years behind, Sprint.
8. max9777 (Posts: 74; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
I agree with you, hopefully this SoftBank merger will be successful and help Sprint establish it's LTE network on 800mhz faster!
11. max9777 (Posts: 74; Member since: 11 Dec 2011)
Well I never said Ghetto people used it. I used to work for sprint and I only had DC sales on large businesses. i think fjftokyo meant ghetto as in kids in HS using DC as the new fab to be cool. Thats about as far i can remember this being a nuisance.