Purported images of HTC One Max leaked
0. phoneArena 04 Aug 2013, 17:01 posted on
The HTC One Max, also known as the T6, is arriving late to the party to take on the likes of Samsung and Sony...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. james004 (Posts: 486; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Install a good camera not 3mp one and make AWS frequency version and I'll buy it.
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I seriously doubt this device will have microsd
44. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Xperia Z ultra have SD card n the galaxy note 2
12. Dr.Phil (Posts: 929; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
You may see a bump in the camera compared to the HTC One, at least if HTC is smart enough to update it. I would expect them to have something within the 10-13 MP range. I would also assume they would have frequencies to support all of the major carriers.
I do have a minor complaint about the article where it stated: "The HTC One Max, also known as the T6, is arriving late to the party." It's not arriving late to the party. It's trying to compete with the Galaxy Note III, LG G2, and the Xperia Ultra. The only one out of that list that has been officially announced is the Xperia Ultra but I don't think it's been officially released yet (I don't keep up with releases in foreign countries). If it is announced at IFA then that means it will be announced around the same time as the Galaxy Note III which is one of it's direct competitors.
14. smallworld (Posts: 439; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
Xperia Z Ultra has already been released in Asia.
49. MAXXtreme007 (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
I just wanted to say that I really appreciate your feedback Dr. Phil. You always have well rounded reasons and arguments and aren't so biased like so many others. Love hearing what you have to say.
I am a Droid fan (although I have Apple products) . I much prefer Android (because of the openness and flexibility) but for what I use it for Apple works better for me at the moment.
I think Android is a much better platform overall but I do see strengths (and weaknesses) in all OS's and I see that you feel the same way (or at least present it as such). So thank you for your well balanced comments.
47. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4417; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
This is one SEXY looking device. It's CLEARLY the best looking & judging from the HTC One design it just looks VERY well build.
This phone will definitely contend with the Samsung Galaxy Note III. Let me please see what the NEW Note III will look like.
50. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 1009; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
we'll know in a month about the Note 3, but i gree that the One Max may eliminate my distaste in HTC over the last few months. Like I said, the "battle of the phablets" wil begin sooner rather than later and I'll have some choices to make in december when Im eligible to upgrade.
Will it be........Galaxy Note 3..........Xperia Z Ultra..........or the One Max???
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 12620; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sweet looking device, stretched like an ip5
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3024; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Can't say i like it...
Recently, the design language of all OEMs are like "The design that sells is the design for all". Not just this one...just about everyone of 'em. It seems like all their thoughts on shapes and sizes have all gone haywire.
30. darkkjedii (Posts: 12620; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well bro, their bottom line is money. They'll go with the trend till it stops being profitable. All these companies are greedy and looking for the dollar.
48. Kayle (banned) (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
Don't EVER compare this or any HTC to an iPhone. They are not even in the same universe to compare.
4. fouadqr (Posts: 315; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
I Will wait the lumia phablet then i'll choose my next big thing...:D
25. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i'll one that...must wait for the lumia before the party get started
6. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Finally slim bezels on the sides. That's what I give the Moto X a ton of credit for. a device with a .7" larger screen than the iP5 yet almost the same size.
The HTC One 4.7" was too big for it's screen size.
28. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I never actually saw it as too big. Maybe a bit too tall, but not by much. Compared to the Razr HD (4.7" display), Galaxy S3 (4.8"), and One X (4.7"), it's about the same size, the Razr being the most compact of them all.
It's about 5.5 mm taller and less than 1 mm wider than the Razr HD.
Less than 1 mm taller and about 2 mm more narrow than the GS3.
And about 4 mm taller and 2 mm more narrow than the One X.
Really the only difference is in the height, and that's because of the front speakers, which is a welcomed addition despite the added height.
35. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Right sorry I agree. I should correct myself and say that it wasn't too big -- but rather I appreciate the effort to minimize the bezel more. Tablets need some of that bezel, but phones could use less for better one-handed operation.
36. krysis (Posts: 76; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
Yeah the One had alot of wasted space with all the bezel. It reminds me of what they were saying about the note 3 being roughly the same size as the 2 but with less bezel. This looks amazing, on that aspect. Except for them buttons, of course.
40. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
Remove the friggin' stupid buttons and the HTC Logo. On screen buttons would do great on such a humongous smartphone. Plus it would make the phone look a little more pretty.
Take a look at this:-http://goo.gl/G8CGJh
45. Taters (Posts: 3598; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
LOL 5.5mm is a lot and the GS3 is much much more compact with a bigger screen. The GS3 has huge dimensions on paper but it has so many curves that most of the phone measures much less than the largest points, which they have to report.
The HTC One is bigger overall than the GS4 for example and that has a 5 inch screen. Not to mention the Xperia ZL and the upcoming Moto X.
The HTC One is HUGE for a 4.7 inch phone.
46. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I've always said the One was too tall, but the width isn't much different from other phones with 4.7" displays. And, you're comparing it to the most compact phones out right now, it's not very fair.
Compared with the One X, Nexus 4, and Razr HD, the only thing that's "huge" about it is the height, and that's because of the front facing speakers, which are well worth it.
8. karim77 (Posts: 67; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
Install a camera on the htc one max and please don't call it ultrapxel and tell us a true number of megapixels,although it's a good camera people want it to be a megapixel camera with a good number of megapixels,I don't think that most people like the ultrapixel term
9. RomeoJDR (Posts: 242; Member since: 09 Dec 2011)
Not seeing a slot for a stylus. The stylus is a key feature of Samsung's Note series. This kinda surprised me as the company who made their stylus tech for their tablets just recently developed a scaled down stylus likely for future phones. Without having that unique feature separating it from the other phones it becomes an over-sized phone more of a burden to carry and call from. Not having a stylus will make it even harder for HTC to jump into the game and compete with the Note 3 that already has a large fan base.
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Basically a HTC One on steroids. Bezel-less screen is pretty nice. Let's see how this turns out.
11. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 648; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
They have eliminated from the side bezel like 50% from HTC ONE, so it looks like it wont be much wider than the ONE but it will be quite taller.
13. Dro (Posts: 27; Member since: 23 Dec 2009)
This thing is gonna be huge with those front facing speakers which makes the top and bottom bezels too big.
15. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Sexy side bezels. Hopefully the power button will be on the side this time lol
34. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Naw... I hate the power on the side..reminds me too much of my s3. ;)
17. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3561; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
There will be a Windowsphone version of this.
43. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
LOL keep dreaming OEMS will only go to WP when its profitable!
18. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
And hopefully they realize they need to get this out before the N3 (sept 4) to have any chance at competition
19. phonepro (Posts: 19; Member since: 31 Mar 2012)
yaay i tipped this =) I finally contributed to this website
20. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
What's with the plastic white bumper around the phone like the mini?
26. dgray77 (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
I would love it if I could get a blue one to use with VZW.
29. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Nice bezel less!! Still ill go for Z ultra coz the universal pen input and the slimmest phabet and water/dust resistance
32. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
Z ultra lol....you mean that mini computer haha
37. pyradark (Posts: 783; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Lol!! mini laptop with small battery!! but I dont care
coz as long as its beautiful even with gigantic bezel!! hahahaha
31. Gaurav008 (Posts: 283; Member since: 20 Jul 2012)
Galaxy Note 3 > HTC One Max.
Galaxy S4 < HTC One.
IMO Samsung will give the Note all it has, in its R&D department. Note 2 was great and Note 3 will build on that. No competition in the phablet category. Samsung owns it. :) Good luck to others though. I would be more than happy if I am proved wrong.
39. rizevnarastek (Posts: 332; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
In what way would the Note 3 be better?
Because it is rumored to have a GB of RAM more?
We'll see how it turns up.
33. Android4u (Posts: 456; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
I am sorry but thats ONE sexy phone.looks like HTC took some bezel off!
38. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 211; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Man, if they only made this phablet pass IP 57 & IP 58, it would knock out the competition...
42. affandi (Posts: 85; Member since: 25 Jan 2013)
The silver bezel on the sides ruins the design, if you look at the standard HTC one it's all black on the screen area wich gives it it's unique design. Now it just looks like any other white phone.
51. dreamkller (Posts: 7; Member since: 05 Aug 2013)
HTC ONE MAX specs released