Purported Nokia Lumia 1020 specs sheet leaks: 3x zoom, OIS, six-lens optics, stereo sound recording
0. phoneArena 11 Jul 2013, 02:10 posted on
Apparently the 41 MP sensor we all know and love from the Nokia 808 PureView will be present indeed, as well as the lossless zoom concept, up to 3x. What we find mindboggling is that Nokia has allegedly managed to cram a full optical image stabilization (OIS) mechanism around the gigantic sensor, just as rumored, merging PureView Phase 1 & 2...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Pfffft...just a point and shoot with a phone feature
8. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
And your just a Gordon with a Flush feature!!
10. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
calm down fansung, It's Not S4 Zoom
This is Lumia : More than your eyes can see
25. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And you are tashreef: more than just a normal Nokia fanboy......
77. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
should he take it as a compliment?
If you don´t like the phone nor Nokia why bother coming here and spreading negative feelings? It´s our day, Nokia´s supporters and neither you nor anyone else, no matter what you´ll do, cannot ruin it. We´ve been waiting for this device without expectations of the newest and greatest hardware under the hood. The only exception is the camera. Besides, it´s a complete package when you want a reliable phone/camera/sat nav.
83. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The hardware game is hoax, and the bulk of apps being developed are for low powered processors and minimal memory anyway. That's why the S4 failed to make any real impact, and why personal computers are in a down trend: the software hasn't caught up yet. The Lumia 1020 has enough engine to get the job done, and it's rear camera is completely unmatched by anything else out there, including Sammy's ugly S4 Zoom...
Nokia, please take a bow! (Applause)
122. Dastrix (unregistered)
Jealous much? Cuz Samsung ain't got sh!t on this? Who you gonna call now?
86. ANANDALTER (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
samdung is jealous, just leave them dude, nowadays sams**t fanboys hitting hard nokia than apple, now they know who is the real competition for them.
11. juandante (Posts: 454; Member since: 23 Apr 2013)
with no variable aperturre ? i really hope there is
22. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Every time I open an EOS article, I see your stupid comments. All this hate for no apparent reason, and I can't help but think that Samsung has hired you for this. Try to get a different job my friend. Or better yet, kill yourself.
28. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
And you call him butthurt......your telling him to kill himself for sharing his view.....that my friend is why we live in a democracy and are able to have free speech....idiot
47. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Did you just call that comment a view? That was pure hatred. Why in the world would you criticise a phone that takes better pictures than a point and shoot?
And I'll repeat: It's better to kill youself than get paid by Samsung to bash other brands and living a pathetic life.
87. ANANDALTER (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
hey cheap plastic, how are you? feeling the tremor by EOS already?
23. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
FlushGordon is a paid shill, working for the competition, and his/her sole purpose is to write fundamentally negative and dishonest comments about Nokia and/or Microsoft products and services.
PHONE ARENA, please stop letting paid employees working for other companies interfere with the user feedback process!
32. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
How could they pprevent it....go up to the person and just say hey are you being praised to comment......you can't prevent paid shills my friend otherwise you end up banning everybody for sharing their opinion....
37. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Unlike some people here, I don't have 50 different PA accounts and use them to flood the threads with negative comments about particular companies and products. What a f--king joke...
41. WHoyton1 (Posts: 1635; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
That's not what I was saying though is it.....
39. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Mr Narcissus I am awesomeatphotography UrbanPanty thinks he can suppress freedom of speech
43. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
In rare cases you can still control and even cure AIDS, but you simply cant cure Samsung fanboyism and jealousy.
62. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Only in this case, they're not even fanboys. They're most likely paid employees doing bashing to earn wages...
117. ANANDALTER (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
when samsung begins to fall, they need to look for another job!!! So sad Nokia wont hire any stupids like them.
121. Dastrix (unregistered)
How much do they get paid? I bet it's like $1/hr, what a sad and pathetic life. Just shows how retarded they are. I guess some people are just meant to be.
31. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Oh please. Technically, you could say the same about Sammy's Zoom.
What seems to be special about Nokia's entry is that they have accomplished the zoom function without hanging a honking big-ass lens device off the body. I am wondering what the file size of the 3x zoomed image is - still 41 Mp? Or, 12 to 13 Mp? Even at 12 Mp, that is better than this year's crop of camera-enabled smartphones can do at 3x zoom.
Nokia has certainly raised the bar for smartphone cameras. It is a shame that MS hasn't been able to keep up with WP. 1080p is almost a pre-requisite for the 2013 edition of high end smartphones.
101. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
At default 5mp resolution, the fully zoomed file will be the same size as the non-zoom file (~1mb). How is this possible? Because oversampling is about 7x at no-Zoom and 1x at full zoom. The resolution between no zoom and full zoom is still the same (5MP at default, unless other settings are engaged..8MP resolution, etc).
PureView Zoom works by incrementally reducing the amount of oversampling as zoom is increased, while keeping resolution constant. As a result, the virtual pixel size is also reduced as zoom is increased, up until the virtual pixel size equals the size of the physical pixel (which is the same size as that found on the iPhone 5). At no zoom and 5MP default resolution, the virtual pixel is twice the size (4 microns) of the HTC One's ultra-pixel (2 microns, which is on a lower 4MP resolution sensor, to boot).
120. Royns (Posts: 6; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Phonarena should provide a button to dislike this comment..
126. Dastrix (unregistered)
It's still gonna kill any wannabe smartphone king! This phone rules them all. Think about it. OS doesn't matter because there's only 3 major ones: iOS, WP, Android. it's a question of preference. Hardware? Sure, but specs go with OS. Only differentiating factor is therefore the camera. So, this phone nails it. It's a winner. But you can't see that, so go buy a camera ffs!
2. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
this is more than enough for a professional photographer IMO
4. FlushGordon (unregistered)
Can a tiny sensor like that provide enough OOF isolation?
Is the lens fast enough to stop motion under poor lighting contitions?
15. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I guess you were still a baby when the 925 came out with a Xenon flash.
Sample pictures showed the stop motion capture of the ceiling fan in motion. Go back again...
20. FlushGordon (unregistered)
At What native ISO?
Is it a clean capture without noise artifacts?
Dude, this is just a phone...puhhleeezzz
72. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
alterecho has done a better job but check this one out too while you're at it. And yeah, sorry it's the 928 not 925.
49. alterecho (Posts: 1094; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Apparently, he hasn't. Also its the 928 is the one that has Xenon flash, not the 925, but the 808 Pureview has a better Xenon flash:
Feast your eyes:
The top one is 920, second - 928, third - the 808 Pureview.
Its from the link i posted above.
Just in case you are wondering, that fan was running at full in all the three shots.
74. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Thanks dude! I got confused with the model that came with the xenon flash.
18. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 359; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
How the hell is 1/1.2" sensor tiny?
stop trolling in Nokia articles and go get a proper job.
30. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
FlushBordom, you know absolutely nothing about photography. Go play in your sandbox, and let the big boys discuss these matters...
34. FlushGordon (unregistered)
What makes you think you're better than me?
85. jackhammeR (Posts: 1548; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
because of your comments maybe?
Have you thought it through?
Probably not. Well, there´s your answer
103. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
Please do some research. If you are a decent photogrpaher with adequate technical knowledge, then a site like DPReview.com should help clarify your apparent knowledge gaps. See the Nokia 808 PureView review on that site.
48. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Lol'd at the "lens fast enough to stop motion"
Xenon flash dude. Grow up paid troll
105. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
It's not just the fact that it has a Xenon flash. Both the HTC Mozart, and to a lesser extent, the Lumia 928, have Xenon flashes that barely qualify for the title. The Nokia N8 and 808 PureView both have adequately specificed Xenons. In particular, the 808 has a massive Xenon for a smartphone, with dual capacitors.
A good Xenon flash needs decent internal specifications as well as software (drivers, etc.) to deliver a solid performance of every day users. Both the 808 and the N8 have this capability. The Lumia 1020, like its 808 PureView predecessor, is also part of this small group of smartphone devices with capable Xenon flashes.
118. ANANDALTER (Posts: 124; Member since: 07 Feb 2013)
this seriously more than enough for a photographer, cause even pro carry a secondary camera like these, not to mention the pregnant S4 zoom
19. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
pros dont use phones DSLR are way ahead of this in every espect but this is best one can have for phone
3. Penny (Posts: 1385; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
Ahhh, just got my new phone a couple of months ago -- the everlasting love/hate relationship with how fast technology moves.
21. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3135; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I would love to try a macro shot with this thing!!
40. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Phones have become the new PC - they are obsolete 3 to 6 months after introduction. Expect the L1020 to be obsolete in probably 6 months. For now, the L1020 seems to have set the bar for everyone else who is offering a camera in a high end smartphone.
69. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
first let them reach to the quality of 808 then L1020.
And don't tell me "S4 Zoom" because here the discussion about smart-camera phone not a Camera with calling feature
46. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Penny, want to buy a used 920? Mint cond. Heh
5. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Overkill! lol But that's great because only Nokia can do it
26. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Totally, right? I mean, everyone in my country has a 41mp phone that has sensor TWICE the size of a point and shoot camera and yet Nokia won't stop building hype for this s**tty device.
50. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
raunak, nvmd ;o)
It's late, and I'm seeing bandits in the clouds. Cheers.
56. raunak (Posts: 507; Member since: 12 Oct 2011)
Dude that was sarc.. oh well, its no fun if I have to tell you that.
61. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yes, I'm a cruel mtherfker. Ask FlushBordum ;o)
123. Dastrix (unregistered)
+1 raunak, that just made my day. Best comment! xD
35. PhansMuneeb (Posts: 359; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
41mp + OIS (first for smartphone)
6 lenses (first for smartphone)
1/1.2" sensor (first for smartphone)
3x loseless zoom
Stereo sound recording
2 GB RAM (first for wp)
and still nothing special.
68. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Nothing special yet you read the article.. Right, keep telling yourself that..