Purported LG G3 (D-850) benchmark screenshot confirms QHD display, hints at an octa-core MediaTek processor
0. phoneArena 17 Mar 2014, 05:01 posted on
The Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2 are already announced, and HTC's new One (aka M8) unveiling is imminent, so it's time that leaks start pouring in about the next big thing in Android land this season - the LG G3. The handset is supposed to bear at least three codenames internally - AT&T's LG D-850, D-851, and Verizon's VS985...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Lt.Green (Posts: 397; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
lol. LG isn't dumb enough to use an MT processor on a flagship.
3. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 891; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Yeah, the only LG smartphone I know that use MT chip is L7 II.
37. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 891; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Oh yeah l forgot. Its L5 II, L4 II, and G Pro Lite.
33. rd_nest (Posts: 1575; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
That display will suck at games. The framerate will be unusable to play any good games at decent fps.
Knowing Mediatek, they will suck at GPU like always.
46. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 372; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
QHD isn't really necessary on a phone anyway, even with 5.5" of screen real estate. 5.2" on the G2 with 1080 resolution is more than plenty, so it looks as though LG is just feeding into the "my spec sheet looks better than yours" game, instead of focusing on how smooth and accurate the phone will operate. I'm willing to bet there's going to be some mean lag with just the UI, can't imagine it trying to run a game at QHD (if there's a game that even runs at QHD)
12. Lampriya (banned) (Posts: 245; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
iPhone 6 will crush these toys!!!
20. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
While I loved the iPhone 5s quality build, form factor and most of the spec's I just don't like iOS and its limitations. From the stagnant launcher to the reliance on iTunes it just made me want to dump Apple altogether. Even the update to 7.1 killed off the lighting cables I bought for my wife. The experience still leaves a sour taste in my month.
If I get the iPhone 6 I now what to expect once the hardware wears off.
29. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Please explain to me how it "will crush these toys."
5. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3689; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
1560x2440 thats a weird resolution lol. I hope its a typo.
8. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 474; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Yeah.... That would be a 39:61 aspect ratio. The image paired with this article shows 2560x1440 which is normal.
10. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 891; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
You should wait for ARMv8 Snapdragon 810
7. mas39 (Posts: 80; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Well done LG, put a second rate chip in your flag ship smartphone, I was all ready to buy this, but not if it has a woeful mediatek chip inside, it will be the LG G Pro 2 for me then or the nokia 1520 or the One Max.
9. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1363; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Of course cause a rumor is always accurate and should always express our opinions over a rumor. Last time I checked there were numerous rumors that S5 will have 4K display alongside with a 805cpu.
16. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 408; Member since: 24 May 2011)
I saw the Micromax Canvas Knight, it uses the true octa-core mediatek cpu. Its fast and fluid, but not flagship material just yet for androids top OEM's. Btw Canvas knight is one sexy phone, best Mircomax phone till now.
25. R-vjn (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Well, there's no need to shout at this. Its just a rumor. Also MT's new chip may be actually powerfull and could challenge the S805. But still I personally would love to see the S805 though.. :P
31. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
MT has the worst GPS to ever hit this Earth. That's one reason NOT to buy a MT phone.
43. R-vjn (Posts: 177; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
It cannot be the same all the time right..things can change with time and may be they have improved. Also I don't think this rumor is true anyways, but lets wait and see..!
26. npaladin2000 (Posts: 165; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
I have a funny feeling that the US flagship models will still end up with Snapdragons, just like with the Galaxy S series (you NEVER see an Exynos carried by the carriers here).
39. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 891; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
But why Samsung didn't use Exynos on Note 3?
42. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10406; Member since: 14 May 2012)
4K video recording for Snapdragon models.
45. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I'm really quite skeptical about the whole deal of putting two mediocre quad-core processors together. They should use the Snapdragon 805, which has four amazing cores.