Purported Galaxy S IV benchmark results appear
0. phoneArena posted on 12 Feb 2013, 06:55
And here it is - the Galaxy S IV has finally appeared in the online database of GLBenchmark. Of course, we shouldn't take this information too seriously yet, because it may easily be some other device, but for now the sources are pretty excited about these results, and even if there's the slightest chance of them being true, this means that it's impossible for us to ignore them...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tusshharish posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:06 14 21
first step of S IV's entry.........and scrores are pretty good...
6. Emily1985 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:22 38 8
last year Google Nexus 4 is faster than samsung galaxy S IV ???
15. ReaperChief posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:43 11 15
Sorry man, but the Nexus 4 is kinda like this year's phone.
18. Emily1985 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:48 21 9
Google Nexus 4 Released 2012 November, welcome to 2013
105. agungs posted on 13 Feb 2013, 01:57 8 1
N4 is under 720p againts SGS4 which benchmarked under 1080p..
109. ReaperChief posted on 15 Feb 2013, 13:30 2 2
Umm, Nexus 4.. Announced in 2012, came into stock in late January 2013.. so.. Not a 2012 phone to me..
91. tuminatr posted on 12 Feb 2013, 18:28 1 0
QUAD CORE VS DUAL CORE N4 should be faster
26. MrJerry posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:30 10 1
You don't actually believe that they are going to use Qualcomm chipset mainly for their GS4, do you?
75. HDShatter posted on 12 Feb 2013, 15:45 1 4
Galaxy s4 will have a snapdragon s4 pro. The first phone to have an a15 processor will be the Nexus 5 with a tegra 4. The Galaxy Note 3 will launch in the fall with a quad core exynos 5 though.
85. MrJerry posted on 12 Feb 2013, 17:48 3 0
GS4 regional version will only have QC chipset
Im not sure it will be a15 or a9....or octa or quad
But im quite sure Exynose will be mainly used for their upcoming GS4
100. taz89 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 19:59 0 0
i doubt it the only reason they used s4 for the s3 was because they did not have lte ready for the exynos which is why they used exynos in most countries and released the note 2 with exynos and lte because they managed to make it work together...i am certain that here in europe it will have exynos in some form and i would also bet that in US it will have exynos+ lte as they have no reason for snapdragon...samsung wants to use many of its own chips etc as it will make there profit margins bigger
92. iushnt posted on 12 Feb 2013, 18:32 0 0
So you believe it 100%
54. maxican16 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 12:21 6 2
That's only for onscreen results. The GSIV pushes more pixels due to its higher resolution (Full HD vs 720), so the result is a lower score. The offscreen test tells the true results because native resolution is ignored.
66. Emily1985 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 13:34 8 1
You play games in offscreen mode?
68. tedkord posted on 12 Feb 2013, 14:08 0 0
The Nexus 4 on screen is limited 720p, while the other supposed GS4 us outputting 1080p.
78. HDShatter posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:12 1 1
nexus 4 is 768p*
77. maxican16 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 15:52 0 0
99. xtremesv posted on 12 Feb 2013, 18:55 0 0
We're talking about graphics performance alone. Nobody should conclude Nexus 4 is faster solely from these data.
112. boricua786 posted on 22 Feb 2013, 13:50 0 0
I believe that is incorrect only because I just did a benchmark test with my GS3 and pulled 5430 frames!!
29. wendygarett posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:56 2 22
I can't believe crapdragon s4 manage to on par with exynos5 :(
47. Taters posted on 12 Feb 2013, 10:33 1 2
That isn't the Exynos. Although I wouldn't be surprised that they used a Qualcomm 600 or 800 instead of the Exynos Octa. Currently the Exynos 5 dual needs the huge Nexus 10 battery so if the Exynos Octa isn't ready in time for the GS4, Qualcomn it is. I really hope they don't use the same S4 pro that is in the Nexus 4, padfone 2, oppo 5, DNA, xiaomi phone 2, Xperia Z, most likely the HTC one etc.
That would really suck if they used the S4 pro.
71. amiroo posted on 12 Feb 2013, 14:42 1 5
just wait since HTC ONE destroy it..
76. HDShatter posted on 12 Feb 2013, 15:47 0 1
Htc One has a 1.7ghz snapdragon s4 pro. It will be almost identical benchmarks to the nexus 4.
111. BitterTruth (unregistered) posted on 20 Feb 2013, 13:06 0 0
Snapdragon is better than Exynos. (S3 vs Optimus G)
Check the reviews before hitting the unlike button.
38. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 12 Feb 2013, 09:26 2 1
can't wait to see real life PERFOMANCE!!
79. HDShatter posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:13 0 2
In terms of real life performance its good. It makes calls, it can play angry birds without lag and it can even load the internet.
2. darkkjedii posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:07 16 13
Impressive. This will b an excellent device, looking forward to seeing it in action.
5. _Bone_ posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:18 9 7
Impressive indeed, more than doubling the SIII/Note II scores and coming close to the brute-powered Nexus 4's 720p FPS at native 1080p.
Do we know the GPU type already?
11. atsamman posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:33 2 4
the only device that beat the ipad 4 is the nexus 4 in glbenchmark
44. howardbarrett posted on 12 Feb 2013, 10:09 0 2
51.9 fps offscreen for ipad 4
8. darkkjedii posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:26 0 5
This is he first I've heard of any tests. Internals wise, I've only heard of Octo core exynos 5.
63. affandi posted on 12 Feb 2013, 13:09 0 3
I like how darkkjedii gets a bunch of red thumbs even when he sounds positive for a change, hahaha.
104. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 20:46 0 0
Did you notice the difference between onscreen and off-screen?
I think this further proves the fact that it will be of a higher resolution because it actually scored less for the on-screen!
3. israinwet posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:14 4 2
Did not know the Nexus 4 was that far ahead of the S3 and Note 2. Could someone explain what the higher fps means as far as the phone's performance goes? I'm confused because the other phones are not bad at handling in game visuals.
7. _Bone_ posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:25 2 3
Benchmarks simply show raw capabilities and future-proofing as most games run smooth on older devices such as the SII. The point is, 1080p screen requires more processing power, and results show the "S4" can handle itself.
10. darkkjedii posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:29 0 8
Proper hardware/software optimization should take care of that.
25. Just_a_boy posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:28 3 10
But Android don't know what is software optimization
35. darkkjedii posted on 12 Feb 2013, 09:12 0 3
9. syedzain posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:28 2 8
i think its just a normal test, coz iPhone 5 scored more than s4, s4 should be more powerful than iPhone 5
24. faisolbauuz posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:20 1 1
Actually the gs4 benchmark is better than iphone 5 the iphone 5 scores in gl benchmark 1080p offscreen is around 27fps
41. ahmed_ali_yossef2010 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 09:48 0 0
it's 29.1 for off screen
but the iphone 5 is better alittle than this one " Iam not sure it's the sgs4 " on onscreen test with 40 frames
80. faisolbauuz posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:14 0 0
Right it was 29fps my bad ,well iphone 5 onscreen test is better than gs4 because of the lower resolution on iphone 5 the gs4 uses and FHD screen
13. syedzain posted on 12 Feb 2013, 07:38 7 14
i totally agree with u... seeing the specs.. its really excellent
81. HDShatter posted on 12 Feb 2013, 16:40 0 0
Best phone will be the first company get put a quad core a15 in a phone (google)
22. pyradark posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:16 13 11
It only show the speed, and surely it will be a beast in specs but not on design and durability!! So not the best phone hahaha
Xperia Z is the best, let the thumbs down begin
28. sonyisdead (banned) posted on 12 Feb 2013, 08:55 10 11
Xperia Z = fragile glass back, horrible battery life, washed out colors and terrible viewing angles, bad camera with purple and pink tints everywhere, uninspired generic rectangle design, and an exact copy of LG Optimus G.
Yup, Xperia Z truly the best.
Xperia Z's absolute horrid less than 10 hours battery life and barely 3 hours screen on time:
30. sonyisdead (banned) posted on 12 Feb 2013, 09:01 8 6
Xperia Z's horrible viewing angles and color production:
Xperia Z, the best camera phone with purple and pink tints everywhere:
Xperia Z is truly the best, let the thumb downs begin!
59. oyalinkaya posted on 12 Feb 2013, 12:58 4 2
Yeah, every one of us uses the phone in that angle. Because we have no rationality to get face-to-face with the device.
I would prefer purple tint Z to red-tint-in-the-pitch-dark of Nexus 4 or glowy-glowy-green-tint-in-eternal-darkness of Note II. At least I have the geo-physics knowledge that sky is purplish at nights. :)
Yet, GS IV will surely beat Xperia Z in benchmark scores no matter what. Because, Samsung is more experienced in developing smart phones and Xperia Z will be released earlier.
But in any means, I would not underestimate the beauty of Bravia, when it comes to watch high definition video. Even my old Xperia S has surprised every one of my friends with its lovely screen. I'm sure Z will surpass S's quality.
Sorry, but I hate AMOLED's greenish light that reflects outward the screen. It makes me sleepy...
95. pyradark posted on 12 Feb 2013, 18:41 3 1
1. you dont even know what kind of glass they put on xperia Z!!
I believe lets do the drop test with your plastic S4 and see whose going to break first.
2. its HDR mode that's why it overexpose on shots but ohh wait its more details and i see people walking than dark useless video(note & nexus4.)
3. before you judge the screen, its a reality display not digital display so if youll watching it on youtube then your dumb.
4. hundreds of phone is on an rectagular design, Z is the only one design beautifully or should i say youve been brain wash by S3 plastic look.
Yup Xperia is truly the best, thanks
36. mohammed2222 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 09:23 3 4
yes , xperia z is the best , with this wonderful display.
[i took it from Sony is dead]
51. abhishek48 posted on 12 Feb 2013, 11:41 4 2
Xperia Z has Snapdragon pro CPU which nexus 4 and DNA had since nov 2012.. LOL DNA has better screen Super LCD 3.....
Galaxy s4 will surely have better benchmarks and when finsihed products come out, Mali t 604 or T 658 will surely ber Aderano 420 their competition is with Tegra 4 or Snapdragon 600 or 800...
Sony uses old hardware and cannot even pass a single benchmark of DNA.. not even battery bu much... Rest in peace
87. alexzibrit posted on 12 Feb 2013, 18:10 1 1
You Sir I Love, That is exactly what I always say, plus Viewing angles to me are more important than a n unnecessarily high resolution, I mean what the point of it if I can;t even see if I move off center