Purported Galaxy S IV benchmark results appear
0. phoneArena 12 Feb 2013, 06:55 posted on
And here it is - the Galaxy S IV has finally appeared in the online database of GLBenchmark. Of course, we shouldn't take this information too seriously yet, because it may easily be some other device, but for now the sources are pretty excited about these results, and even if there's the slightest chance of them being true, this means that it's impossible for us to ignore them...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
first step of S IV's entry.........and scrores are pretty good...
6. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
last year Google Nexus 4 is faster than samsung galaxy S IV ???
15. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Sorry man, but the Nexus 4 is kinda like this year's phone.
18. Emily1985 (Posts: 127; Member since: 08 Nov 2012)
Google Nexus 4 Released 2012 November, welcome to 2013
105. agungs (Posts: 6; Member since: 13 Feb 2013)
N4 is under 720p againts SGS4 which benchmarked under 1080p..
109. ReaperChief (Posts: 31; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Umm, Nexus 4.. Announced in 2012, came into stock in late January 2013.. so.. Not a 2012 phone to me..
91. tuminatr (Posts: 774; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
QUAD CORE VS DUAL CORE N4 should be faster
26. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
You don't actually believe that they are going to use Qualcomm chipset mainly for their GS4, do you?
75. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Galaxy s4 will have a snapdragon s4 pro. The first phone to have an a15 processor will be the Nexus 5 with a tegra 4. The Galaxy Note 3 will launch in the fall with a quad core exynos 5 though.
85. MrJerry (Posts: 403; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
GS4 regional version will only have QC chipset
Im not sure it will be a15 or a9....or octa or quad
But im quite sure Exynose will be mainly used for their upcoming GS4
100. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
i doubt it the only reason they used s4 for the s3 was because they did not have lte ready for the exynos which is why they used exynos in most countries and released the note 2 with exynos and lte because they managed to make it work together...i am certain that here in europe it will have exynos in some form and i would also bet that in US it will have exynos+ lte as they have no reason for snapdragon...samsung wants to use many of its own chips etc as it will make there profit margins bigger
54. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
That's only for onscreen results. The GSIV pushes more pixels due to its higher resolution (Full HD vs 720), so the result is a lower score. The offscreen test tells the true results because native resolution is ignored.
68. tedkord (Posts: 11888; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The Nexus 4 on screen is limited 720p, while the other supposed GS4 us outputting 1080p.
99. xtremesv (Posts: 297; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
We're talking about graphics performance alone. Nobody should conclude Nexus 4 is faster solely from these data.
112. boricua786 (Posts: 4; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I believe that is incorrect only because I just did a benchmark test with my GS3 and pulled 5430 frames!!
29. wendygarett (unregistered)
I can't believe crapdragon s4 manage to on par with exynos5 :(
47. Taters (banned) (Posts: 6474; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
That isn't the Exynos. Although I wouldn't be surprised that they used a Qualcomm 600 or 800 instead of the Exynos Octa. Currently the Exynos 5 dual needs the huge Nexus 10 battery so if the Exynos Octa isn't ready in time for the GS4, Qualcomn it is. I really hope they don't use the same S4 pro that is in the Nexus 4, padfone 2, oppo 5, DNA, xiaomi phone 2, Xperia Z, most likely the HTC one etc.
That would really suck if they used the S4 pro.
76. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
Htc One has a 1.7ghz snapdragon s4 pro. It will be almost identical benchmarks to the nexus 4.
111. BitterTruth (unregistered)
Snapdragon is better than Exynos. (S3 vs Optimus G)
Check the reviews before hitting the unlike button.
38. imsickwithsmartphone (Posts: 153; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
can't wait to see real life PERFOMANCE!!
79. HDShatter (Posts: 1021; Member since: 17 Jan 2013)
In terms of real life performance its good. It makes calls, it can play angry birds without lag and it can even load the internet.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 21678; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Impressive. This will b an excellent device, looking forward to seeing it in action.