Proview and Apple in talks to resolve iPad trademark issue in China
0. phoneArena 20 Apr 2012, 11:49 posted on
A report by Computerworld suggests that the Higher People's Court of Guangdong Province recommended that Apple and Proview sit down to try to resolve their differences over the iPad trademark; if a meeting doesn't resolve the issue, the court will make a ruling on who owns the iPad name in the country...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
The name will be Apple's no way around it
2. Bluesky02 (Posts: 1439; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Proview another patent troll company that got attracted by Apple's cash. Now they are trying some desperate lawsuits just to seek some cash inorder to cover their losses and failing company.
3. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
A lot of haters act as if Apple is the only one sueing and stealing ideas.....
4. darth8ball (Posts: 519; Member since: 02 Aug 2011)
The whole complicated issue started back in 2009 when Apple secured the rights to the iPad name in various countries. In China, Apple's deal was with Proview Taipei. That normally would have been had the effect of a binding agreement except that Proview's Shenzhen subsidiary was the firm that had registered the name "iPad" on China's mainland back in 2001.
How is Proview stealing an idea they registered 8 years BEFORE Apple?
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Clearly you have no reading comprehension
7. thebikerboi2 (Posts: 144; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
yes they are definitely not trying to steal the ipad trademark, but they patent trolling, since apple did buy that trademark off of them in the first place.
5. Alan01 (Posts: 180; Member since: 21 Mar 2012)
The issue is that Apple claims that they purchased the trademark from Proview. Proview says that the subsidiary that Apple dealt with was not the one that owned the trademark.