Projector-laden Samsung Galaxy Beam Android smartphone arrives in the U.S.
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2012, 09:39 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Beam is one of the most fascinating devices we’ve seen recently. And not for its screen, processor or camera, but for a completely different reason…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. kabel (Posts: 38; Member since: 06 Nov 2011)
And doesn't come with any warranty. No, thanks.
9. baldilocks (Posts: 410; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Ever hear of a 3rd party warranty? :shakes my head:
3. ChrisG (Posts: 34; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Assuming the projector is part of the phone, it might be tough to play games without moving the phone and, thus, the projected image... Angry Birds might be playable, but other games that use the accelerometer or gyroscope would be problematic. :-)
5. buccob (Posts: 725; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
this phone is more business oriented, than it is for games...
midrange phone for folks at the office that don't care about games, but want to show off its presentation skills
6. ChrisG (Posts: 34; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Right, I was just referring to the article's mentioning "Imagine the games you could play..." etc. :-) More disappointing is that it's only running Gingerbread. Then again, after seeing the release date (February), it's not that surprising.
7. buccob (Posts: 725; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
I know a couple of people that could be interested...
But personally I pass on it, I need to have video out over HDMI (or mhl)
Playing Dead Trigger or N.O.V.A. 3 on my SGS3 in a 47" TV is awesome (difficult but awesome!)
And a little tip that helps in this regard, using the "show touches" from the developer's settings, enable dots that shows on TV so you can see where your fingers are without looking at the phone... or you can use a Controller :-)
4. darkvadervip (Posts: 242; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
What service can it be on and is it 3g or 4g support?
8. dragonscourgex (Posts: 307; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
10. baldilocks (Posts: 410; Member since: 14 Dec 2008)
Really? You can't be bothered to take a 1 minute search and find out??