Pricing announced - Samsung ATIV Odyssey launching on Verizon January 24th
0. phoneArena 23 Jan 2013, 19:28 posted on
Better late than never, right? If you have been waiting for Samsung’s Windows Phone entry in the US, it is possible...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. dorianb (Posts: 407; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
For some reason a 4" screen seems so 2010. Especially when *NEAR* edge-to-edge screens start to catch on more.
11. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
If this is the 'new and wonderful' news that was about to pop, it is more of a let-down. A pop, but not the positive kind. More like a balloon being burst.
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1238; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Nokia is the one that signed that crappy exclusivity deal with AT&T over the 920. As a Verizon customer I'm not going to jump up and leave over one phone. If that was the case I would have been using a AT&T iPhone since 2009. I don't think Android would be this strong if Apple released the iPhone on all carriers in the very beginning. Nokia is repeating the same mistake.
12. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Nokia is going to rue the day they signed an exclusive on the L920.
13. Whateverman (Posts: 3223; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Yeah, I think the exclusivity deal left a HUGE void at all other carrier. I would like to believe Android could have made it to the top on its own merit, but with the iPhone on every carrier, that would have been extremely difficult.
3. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
In a competition with Nokia Lumia Series...forget it ..you not gonna make it....
17. MrJerry (Posts: 394; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Put it this way
SGS4 or NOTE3 vs 920 or whatever Nokia will produce
Well, the world knows the answer except for Nokia fanboys
18. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
oh really...? how many Wp device samsung sold compared to Nokia lumia Wp7 devices and how many Ativ s compared to Lumia WP8 device ....
world knows the truth "including" Nokia haters.....
SG4 or NOTE 3 VS 920? that means you agree that SG3 and Note 2 are not as good as 920!....
and you r comparing SG4 and NOTE 3 with 920? which is still a rumor
19. MrJerry (Posts: 394; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
Of course I meant WP S4 AND NOTE3
I don't think WP version of SG3 and Note2 will come out? or maybe it's possible since they are good enough to compete with 920 and whatever Nokia's next phone :P
4. Obdabeast (Posts: 41; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
played with this phone.. it really impressed me compared to verizon's nokia and I carry the htc, you guys might change your mind playing with it.
5. techloverNYC (Posts: 405; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
phone looks like a joke compare to nokia's window phones......
Quality is not even on the same level....
9. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nokia is a joke
lumia 920 = banana phone with windows potato LOL
20. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
banana phone......dont wanna know what banana's you been eating
and the capital ''LOL'' shows you tried and failed to be funny
so nokia isnt a joke you are
6. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1098; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Why is Verizon selling mid tech Windows smart phones. I think that the only windows smart phones people will be willing to go ion contract for are the Lumia 920 type high
def smart phones. Now if this smart Phones had a 4 inch high def screen with 16 gigs of memory that is expandable to 32 gigs with a micro SD card then I think People might go on contract to buy it but back off buying a mid tech smart phones on contract fpr 2 years
8. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
nokia = failure
windows potato = failure
lumia = one giant failure
14. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Which is why the carriers are not willing to make volume commitments on WP.
16. mick25 (banned) (Posts: 110; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Neither are any manufacturers really, besides Nokia.
15. eli_waeterling (Posts: 22; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
anyone with a brain would buy the 8x over this pos, especially now that the 8x is $99
21. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
8x a under-rated almost forgotten about phone that people should look at