Priced at ~$160, Nokia Lumia 525 can be a hot seller in China
0. phoneArena 26 Dec 2013, 07:04 posted on
The new Windows Phone 8 handset is officially available to purchase via China Unicom. It is the cheapest new WP device in China...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Eventhough I'm not Windows Phone fan, I somehow like 520/525 more than most same priced Androids. Nokia and Apple might have hit jackpot in China.
8. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2693; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I miss the Flash on the back, if present then it could have been more than just great.
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
If it had flash, it would cannibalize 620/720 sales.
14. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Who cares if your not a WP fan. That's irrelevant to your point.. Why do you feel a need to always stress that❔
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Because, I then show I like and respect this product, although I'm not fan of OS.
19. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah but even if its a article strictly about the OS you have something negative to say.. If you're not interested in the OS, but just Nokia devices, then why ate you on every WP Related article❓.. Why wouldn't you just skip over a totally WP OS related article❓... You'd never see me commenting on a Android KitKat article because I'm in no way fond of the, IMO, horrible Android OS.. The only reason I would go into a Android related article would be to hate, and troll, which is pathetic... You know what you're doing.. We're not stupid❕
2. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
In Malaysia, this little champ is priced at $151.72. That's a bang for the buck.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
You already have it in Malesia? In Finland, hardly anybody knows that 525 even exists. 1520 actually came just short time ago. Weird...
5. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
The target market for this phone are those in Asia. So they received it first before the others. Even people in Malaysia barely know the model numbers for Lumia cause they only know the name but barely know the numbers. Only those phone geeks know the numbers very well.
6. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Maybe the 525 is aimed for the Asian countries, like the 520. So they release it in Asian countries first. But hey, at least the big bro 1520 and the 2520 is in Finland already. The 2520 is still not yet release in Malaysia.
7. ihavenoname (Posts: 1441; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Ok, that makes sense. And 2520 sure came pretty quickly.
9. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
The 1520 came to Malaysia pretty quickly as well. After it's launched, it only took one month to come here if I'm not wrong. But the 2520 is not in Malaysia yet.
11. loveHEAVYMETAL (unregistered)
its funny when the lumia 1520 priced more cheaper than the old lumia 1020 in malaysia
lumia 1520 - RM 1999 (below 700 usd)
lumia 1020 - RM 2399 or 2499 (about 800usd)
"Hey LG! waithing for your G2 " : From Malaysia
18. phil2n (Posts: 473; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
How I wish I'm still in Malaysia. I miss that very crowded LowYat. Philippines is late as always. The latets device here is Lumia 625
12. sri_tech (Posts: 188; Member since: 21 May 2013)
JD.com is selling it for 899 yuan ($148).
15. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yeah, that's what Windows Phone Central is reporting it sales at..
13. XYZ360 (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Jan 2012)
What is stopping them from pushing the price down like in the US?? I don't think that at $160, and with the presence of cheap knockoff there, it will be a hit.
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3556; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, you just answered your own question.. The keywords here being "Cheep Knockoff".. This is a chance for them to get the quality, unified, predictable, WP experience.. I'm sure there are plenty of cool Android devices, but WP is different, and some people might like different.. It's not always about comparing WP to the others, but seeing it for what it really is by itself.. It'll eventually catch on..