Price cuts looming for LG G Pro 2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
0. phoneArena 11 Jun 2014, 11:23 posted on
Speculation is rising in Korea that LG and Samsung are about to slash prices on two handsets. The Samsung Galaxy Note 3, currently priced at 1,067,000 won ($1049 USD), is expected to receive haircut to 950,000 won ($933 USD). That works out to an 11% price cut for the phablet. The next iteration of the device is due to hit the market in September, with its usually large screen featuring a 1440 x 2560 QHD resolution...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. mayur007 (Posts: 517; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Its not a big news each and every company does
not htc(they are always overpriced)
6. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Apple and lowering prices don't fit...but the macbooks went down about 100 bucks recently.
2. sipha (Posts: 407; Member since: 12 May 2012)
Yho0o, they are price just like in africa
(which is above $900 atleast)
3. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Both companies always talk about supporting their home market yet they are charging them $300+ more than the international model that's near identical...
4. OldNorseBruin (Posts: 229; Member since: 12 Mar 2013)
Even a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 OFF-CONTRACT in the USA will NOT cost $933...What a damn rip-off!
7. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
That always happens...the US is the only place where u get electronics for less. Go buy the same stuff in Europe and it'll cost more. Go buy the same stuff in third world countries and it'll cost twice as much.
13. MySchizoBuddy (Posts: 114; Member since: 23 Aug 2011)
Nexus 5 in US is $350, in Pakistan a third world country it costs $395. this isn't twice as much.
14. Miracles (Posts: 560; Member since: 31 Aug 2013)
Lol nexus 5 isn't really high end to me. Also it's a Google device...so it's going to cost the same everywhere..also I wouldn't trust the credibility or authenticity of anything that's sold in a third world country unless I know where it's coming from. Cuz there are ppl who sell stuff with different internals.
8. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Refurbs from ATT are sometimes only $400. I wouldn't buy one (again), as they are locked down, but it's a really good phablet at this price.
9. yasir-921 (Posts: 81; Member since: 02 Oct 2012)
I just bought a brand new LG G Pro 2 D838 for PKR 49,000 (approx USD $500)
10. wilsong17 (unregistered)
Why not buy a unlock t-mobile note 3 is way cheaper
11. skyline88 (Posts: 402; Member since: 15 Jul 2013)
brand new, international LTE version of Note 3, is selling at 580 USD in my country
12. xfire99 (Posts: 637; Member since: 14 Mar 2012)
What kind of pricecut is this? Note 3 LTE 32GB have cost around 670 US for over 6 months now in Sweden and its known that mine country normal have much higher price with all flagships models than other countries. LG G2 cost 450US for 16GB.
The pricecuts must be wrong. More a raise in price than pricecuts. -.-