Presumed Galaxy S5 box leaks, flaunts faux-wood finish
1. KINGJUAN27 (Posts: 204; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
I don't think this is even news or headline-worthy. Lol
2. GuidoB (Posts: 15; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
It may tell you something about the phone. The fact that it looks pretty much the same as the box from the S4 and the Note 3 & that Samsung didn't organize a special event (this event isn't as special as for the S4) might tell that Samsung it not going to innovate enough on this phone. So no QHD perhaps.
9. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 916; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
The Galaxy S2 event was quite low key to, they innovated heavily on that, from the chipset, slimness, incredible SAMOLED+ and so on.
10. giani (Posts: 269; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Faux leather... now faux wood 'sammy' r&d working hard innovating.
33. Finalflash (Posts: 2171; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
If you are an Apple fan, innovating on the box is making it the EXACT same thing as last time (this method also extends to their products). If you are an Android fan, innovating on the box...well you don't care because there are too many different boxes to care about (hence why this article is kind of lame). If you are an MS fan, innovating on the box involves putting less text on it than the last time, because walls of text is apparently MS's thing.
34. darkkjedii (Posts: 15646; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Where does this article mention "apple fans"? Dude u r truly obsessed with apple, aren't you?
32. neops (Posts: 244; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
@giani: It's just a box. If it was real wood though, we could turn it into a loudspeaker
7. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 916; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
+1. This is quite literally for page views.
18. moroninc (Posts: 193; Member since: 14 Jul 2012)
Fake... who cares about a box anyway. they have S4 boxes made like that.. what a waste of web space.
23. akki20892 (Posts: 3797; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
They gonna leak photos of s5 end of the day.
3. Ashoaib (Posts: 2881; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
No, plz no... no gs5 news at the moment... let me have an excitment of huawie tab x1 for a while... plz keep gs5 for tomorrow
11. onlyman1980 (Posts: 7; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Same here , I think this is not SG5 box , its just 3D concept.
5. BigBoss10 (Posts: 257; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
Typical Samsung pakaging : D Sammy is always the best of smart phone
6. moskey (Posts: 11; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
one day left !!
i thought we would have a clear design leak by now.
well all we reavealed tomorow :D
8. draconic1991 (Posts: 183; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Hope the content is as well built cos till now the build quality and design of the "s" line have been the worst in the industry.
12. darkkjedii (Posts: 15646; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Who cares about the box, show the beauty inside, out side of the note 1 and s3, which was too pebble shaped, Galaxy's are very nice looking devices. Looking forward to the unveiling.
17. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Wooow dude you have a stylish new profile picture!
25. darkkjedii (Posts: 15646; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude, I'll say it just like this Artsim98. I'm not interested in trading insults, so if your goal is to draw me into em, please go away. If it isn't then thank u, that pic is from a lovely evening on VDAY with my wife.
28. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I think it was 20 percent insult, 80 percent praise
13. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
This should not be news. Phonearena, you are getting about as terrible with the news with Samsung as you do with Apple....please stop, or you will lose your readership...
14. darkkjedii (Posts: 15646; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dude please tell me this isn't getting you upset, if it is then wowww man, just wowwww.
15. Mube007 (Posts: 192; Member since: 24 Sep 2013)
I think s5 pic will be leak tomorrow by any chinise leaker he did with s4 last year just before the launch
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3509; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Samsung really likes the word "faux" lol
22. kalloud (Posts: 144; Member since: 21 Jun 2012)
By the way it means "fake" in french => fake wood / fake leather :-D
36. Ninetysix (Posts: 1926; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
LOL..You got them there. That will be the deal breaker for them for sure. They'll start switching to Android now for true multitasking.
20. Tom123 (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Feb 2014)
this isnt news this is just a site wanting to score publicity by faking things. dont buy this people, i dont even understand why phonearena is so easy to fool.
29. darkkjedii (Posts: 15646; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Sooo, they fooled u into becoming a member 3 days ago, just so u could post this? Now that u posted that, log out, and close your acct. if not then what does that say about you?
21. renz4 (Posts: 317; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
so even box design make it into news right now
27. pwnarena (Posts: 1046; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
to those who complain about why this is being considered news, it could be an indirect criticism to samsung's fondness for "faux" things
30. ibrahem7731 (Posts: 44; Member since: 17 Dec 2013)
Thats mean that the Alleged Galaxy S5 box snap of the back that leaked almost week ago will actually come with 5.25" Quad HD screen, 20 MP camera and 3000 mAh battery because the back have the same design as this one