Press shots of Verizon’s Samsung Illusion and Pantech Breakout are leaked
Luckily, we’re getting a better look at the upcoming Android powered smartphone now that its official press photos have been leaked. As we know, the Pantech Breakout is gearing up to be some sort of affordable 4G LTE enabled smartphone featuring a 4” WVGA display, single-core 1GHz CPU, 512MB RAM, 5-megapixel rear camera, VGA front-facing camera, and Android 2.3 Gingerbread. In terms of design, it’s nothing boastful since it’s primarily looking to be just like any device out there.
In addition, we’re also present with our first look at the Samsung Illusion, which is probably going to be your simple middle of the road 3G enabled smartphone with Android 2.3 Gingerbread more than likely on board. So far, no real specs have been made known, but it’s believed to be offered at the sub-$100 price mark. And by looking at the image, it seems that Samsung’s TouchWiz UI will be in for the ride as well.
source: PocketNow via Unwired View
1. M0nkeyBr (Posts: 77; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
The Illusion looks beautiful
Samsung nows how to make a nice looking phone.
2. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol they passed on the sgs2 for this......lol Verizon.
4. roldefol (Posts: 3260; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
There's nothing wrong with offering affordable smartphones. Not everyone needs an SGS2.
10. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1108; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
But nobody needs a crappy android phone.
13. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3072; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
exactly. I would have settled nicely for a 3g only sgs2 on verizon.
15. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1108; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
So would I! Idk why i got thumbs down tho. Does anybody really think those phones look good? No? Didn't think so.
16. broworksforlg (unregistered)
my brother works for the lg cell phone marketing division in korea and has tons of friends that works for the samsung cellphone division too.
he said the reason why verizon didn't get the SGS2 with the 3 other carriers in the US for the upcoming launch is because verizon is going to launch the SGS2 LTE version. i asked him when and he said very soon, so thats what i'm waiting for.
3. Mookie Wilsonovich (unregistered)
Hot Trash x 2.
5. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 426; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
They didn't pass on the eg2 for this ,do Ur homework kid,
6. RageQuit (Posts: 41; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
Looks stupid. Why don't they use some quality parts like an iPhone?
7. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
because they are android phones. why waste quality parts on a phone thats not going to run very well anyways?
8. CRICKETownz (Posts: 980; Member since: 24 Oct 2009)
turrible turrible turrible *in my Charles Barkely voice*
9. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1108; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Ha and we thought this was going to be a Verizon alternative to the galaxy s 2! This is just another crappy Verizon android phone.