Press Release announcing Samsung's $650 million biometrics acquisition was a fake
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2013, 12:07 posted on
Now that a fingerprint sensor has apparently caught on with the public (unlike the one on the Motorola ATRIX 4G), thanks to the Touch ID on the Apple iPhone 5s, an Android model is giving the feature another chance on the platform; if you're a loyal PhoneArena reader, you certainly know by now that the HTC One Max will come to market with its own fingerprint sensor...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. chunky1x (Posts: 270; Member since: 28 Mar 2010)
This story is a big lie just like Samsung's benchmark results.
4. TwentyWendy (banned) (Posts: 65; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
The conclusion of this article is, Samsung is brave enough to tell the truth now and prove it's innocent. Which is unnecessary because Samsung is already innocent in the very beginning :)
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 4759; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Its not a Samsung press release besides Samsung is making their own. Next year, Apple would be buying the finger sensor parts from Samsung as well.
8. Ronny666 (Posts: 108; Member since: 08 Jun 2013)
I suppose you don't understand English very well. :)
5. iHamzaDev (Posts: 7; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
Two things that entertained me in the article:
"... Fingerprint Cards in a $650 all cash acquisition" - $650, really? That's cheap!
"... ahem, finger the individual behind the fraud." - Hmmm... need I explain about this one?
6. TomTheNerd (Posts: 67; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
"investigations have been started by the appropriate agencies to see if they can, ahem, finger the individual behind the fraud."
sure, find them and stuff, but don't they think fingering them is a step too far?
9. frrboom (Posts: 9; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
It has nothting to do with fingerprint or samsung. This was a organised attack from crime syndicate in east europe.
12. MobileKicker (Posts: 212; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
Like you are an agent
"Crime syndicate in east europe"
Who told you that kid