Pre-orders for the Nokia 808 PureView in the UK reveal a $711 price tag
0. phoneArena 16 Apr 2012, 12:18 posted on
Instead of the $785 cost associated with Nokia’s pre-order, Clove UK is only asking $711 (£449 excluding VAT) for its pre-orders. Although it’s a hairline less, it’s still one heavy investment that’s sure to drain a huge chunk of your pockets – then again, it does stand out immensely for its...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. good2great (Posts: 1042; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
it isnt better than android tho... right? lol
-SGSIII May 3rd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17. sadaivadai (Posts: 156; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
U are not any different from a apple fanboy ..
21. Hlorri (Posts: 40; Member since: 07 May 2008)
Symbian is a more versatile OS than Android; there is more built-in functionality in Symbian/Nokia phones. Little details such as a more complete Bluetooth stack, better USB connectivity (especially with Nokia provided tools such as Multimedia Transfer, iSync plugin, etc etc), native WebDAV support for remote filesystem browsing, etc.
Then there is the fact that Nokia keeps producing the best cameras. For this reason alone, the only think that would make me trade in my current N8 would be this puppy.
Of course, with Elop having hijacked the company and turning it into one last-ditch futile marketing apparatus for Windows Phone, there is already a glut in new applications being developed. For instance, we don't see Angry Birds Space (yet? ever?). Even though Nokia themselves develop some of the best applications on the planet (think: Maps, Internet Radio, Public Transport, Situations...), this is not the plaform for app junkies anymore. Sad to say, even if I get the 808 (and it will be difficult here in the US; grey market/no warranty) it will likely be my last Symbian^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Nokia phone. :(
3. hamids9898 (unregistered)
Free for phonearena Right . Have you got mobile for a review
4. windowsRocks (Posts: 152; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Does Nokia Still Believe that Symbian Can Catch Smartphone Market?
6. Snoobab (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
No, but that camera and rich recording technology sure can!!!
12. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Question is, when "smartphone market" will catch Symbian in terms of functionality and battery effectivity.
5. ron1niro (Posts: 54; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
I will buy this phone, even though i live in the Us where it is not going to launch, i will find a wy to have it in my hands.
7. the_s2 (Posts: 239; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
For all the haters, Belle is not S60v5! The platform has evolved a lot!
8. CharlieAtInfinity (Posts: 253; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
Better buy a proper DSLR camera for that price!! that price-tag is huge!!
10. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
yeah, because it's great to run around 24/7 with your DSLR camera around the neck....
13. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Although that most of the diehard nokia fanboys have moved to the WP bandwagon, I'm glad to see that there're still some who are and will always defend the nearly dead symbian.
19. chapizzo (Posts: 116; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
Symbian being discontinued by nokia doesn't make it any less functional. Infact, the are still working on it and rolling out more update.
20. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I don't think most of nokia fans moved to WP. Many of them still can't live without much more open, battery effective and customizable Symbian (not saying that WP doesn't have it's own strenghts - i have both N8 and Lumia 800 so i can compare).
18. chapizzo (Posts: 116; Member since: 13 Sep 2011)
And you can also make calls, listen to music, browse the web. All that on your DSLR camera.
You got to love this baby.
15. -box- (Posts: 3991; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
None of my DSLRs (let alone my film SLRs) fit in my pocket, access the internet, or make phone calls.
11. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Yea, still one of the most functional and open OS (together with Android), and most battery effective.
14. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
This is not worth £500 more like £400???????