Pre-orders for the Motorola ATRIX 4G go live February 13th; $199.99 on-contract
0. phoneArena posted on 03 Feb 2011, 13:29
Starting on February 13th, just in time for MWC and Valentine’s Day, AT&T customers can fetch themselves pre-orders for the high powered Android smartphone – which will be sold for $199.99 with a 2-year contract...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Whateverman posted on 03 Feb 2011, 13:51 0 0
So 300 bucks for the laptop dock? That's gonna be a really tough sell. Especially not knowing if future Motorla phones can also use it after an upgrade. Nice phone though!
2. ayephoner posted on 03 Feb 2011, 13:52 0 0
MUCH pricier than previously rumored.
Will similar docks launch with the Bionic?
13. atrixxxx (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 17:08 0 0
No, that is one of the differences between the Atrix and Bionic. Whereas the Bionic has a larger display (4.3 inch) and an 8 MP camera (vs Atrix's 5 MP), the Atrix makes up for its 1 GB RAM (vs 512 MB on the Bionic) and its multiple docking capabilities (the Bionic probably will have an HD media dock if anything).
3. aidan_short (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 13:56 1 0
Yeah, $150 was a really tempting price for the laptop dock. I probably would have bought it.
Neither $300 (bundled) nor $500 (unbundled) are realistic prices. It's a screen and a keyboard and a battery.
$500 would buy an iPad.
I'll probably still get the phone, though, just without the extra crap.
4. Justplaindave (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 13:57 0 0
I'm not so sure this phone has so much draw that it justifies setting a pre-order date. Granted, it is employing 4G and a dual-core processor which is new to cell-phones, but a standard Android OS and medium-value camera reduce the draw (to me at least) Everyone's taste is different, so maybe I'm mistaken. As for me, I can tell you I won't be setting an alarm to wake up early and pre-order.
10. applesauce (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 14:27 1 0
AT&T has really good coverage in LA, but, like every other carrier there, they're swamped with so many customers in a population-dense area, so there may be dropped calls or slower data than lesser-populated areas, but it's bound to be better than metro
5. annabanana (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 13:57 0 0
hii can anyone please help me?? i REALLY want this phone im on metro piece of shyyt i hate it soo much i have a crappy phone that doesnt even have a camera and well i live in Los angeles which is a big city . does anyone know how is at&t service in La?? because i never had att but i heard reception and call quality sucks . but i really want this phone but im afraid to switch to at&t because im afraid the service is going to suck.. can anyone help me? make the right decision? or should i just get verizon? thanks
6. therygy posted on 03 Feb 2011, 14:05 0 0
I used to live in Los Angeles (back when AT&T was cingular), and i have had at&t since 98 and the service was great, now i live in Wisconsin and it is still great.
also if you dont like the service you have 30 days to return it and terminate the contract.
11. Justplaindave (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 15:43 0 0
As an indirect rep for AT&T I'll say this: AT&T seems to major on their data performance on all their phones and voice performance is okay across the board except for the iPhone with its antenna issues that keep being reported. The important things to keep in mind are these:
1. Coverage. If it's good in the places you need it, and the price is right, then go with that service.
2. Customer service/company policies. Maybe the service is so-so, but the customer service and company policies are conducive to a long-lasting good relationship between you and that company. If that's the case, maybe it'll end up being more important to you than the coverage.
It's going to be a case-by-case basis anyway. You can't logically make a blanket statement that one company is better than the other and vice-versa because it all depends on each individual's circumstances.
7. aidan_short (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 14:07 0 0
In my experience, AT&T coverage in LA is... alright. Always "high bars," but I still get dropped calls and slow data speeds.
I'm hoping that the outflux of iPhone users to verizon will improve the network's performance for the rest of us.
8. ribbonsalmark posted on 03 Feb 2011, 14:21 1 0
Did I call it or did I call it. I told AT&T would find a way to kill this phone even before it left the gate. And remember if the ATRIX was to get an update for some in android OS AT&T will not push the update.
9. protozeloz posted on 03 Feb 2011, 14:25 0 0
thats a lot of money :( but hopefully its gonna be lowered by the time I decide to buy it
12. tm6248 posted on 03 Feb 2011, 16:39 0 0
Thanks but no thanks i'm going with the inspire 4g $99 for a high end smart phoneis a steal
14. twist my sack (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 18:12 0 0
300 dollars for a freeken laptop dock. its only a fricken battery with a screen/keyboard!!!!!
15. fleanote posted on 03 Feb 2011, 18:49 0 0
Why not bundle it all for $499, that would be killer! I'd even jump away from Verizon for that.
16. bowarrow0606 posted on 03 Feb 2011, 18:55 0 0
For those of you interested in purchasing the laptop dock..keep in mind you will need to buy the tethering plan as well which is BS.
3 Laptop Dock - Firefox browser use with AT&T Mobile Broadband requires Tethering Plan.
17. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 20:07 0 0
I CAN'T WAIT WOO!! But the laptop dock. WAY TOO OVER PRICE. I'll just buy the media dock and hook it up to my HDTV. and who the F is going to spend 500$ on a battery fucking crazy AT&T?
18. saneok posted on 03 Feb 2011, 21:10 0 0
Hey guys, I want some advice. Who here is from SF and has ATT? I would appreciate it if you could describe your experience with service/signal in the city.
I have great ATT signal in my apartment but I have no idea how well it works elsewhere in the city.
19. help me (unregistered) posted on 03 Feb 2011, 22:01 0 0
is it worth it buying the atrix at pre-sale or at release on march 6th
20. bowarrow0606 posted on 03 Feb 2011, 22:08 0 0
Nah bro i would wait.
u never know what deals could go out there.
If a big online store puts it for free by accident in the early morning call best buy about it and they could probably price match it!
Thats how i got the captivate on launch day and hope the same thing happens.. lol
but other than that, wait atleast a month or two.
21. DJ (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 00:49 0 0
I found a website that is some how letting you order them now but for $399 not $199
22. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered) posted on 04 Feb 2011, 11:45 0 0
All I need is the phone and the dock. that's all I'm getting. besides AT&T OVER CHARGE ACCESSORIES in this dept. WHO want's A 500$ battery when I can buy a laptop with 500$?