Pre-orders for Nokia Lumia 822 and HTC 8X for VZW now live, ship date Nov. 13th
0. phoneArena 09 Nov 2012, 00:20 posted on
Verizon has begun accepting pre-orders for the two Windows Phone 8 devices...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. threed61 (Posts: 172; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Verizon works better for me than AT&T, so I will be really annoyed if the 822 is priced over the much superior 920.
4. GENERAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 23; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
is any one looking forward to getting this midrange phone?
You*r better of with the L920!
5. KingShango (Posts: 89; Member since: 16 May 2012)
I'd love to know the reason AT&T has the same phone for $100 while Verizon s $200 on contract. Way to go Big Red!
6. amazinghorse (Posts: 38; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
The $100 8X is 8GB. The $200 VZW 8X is 16 GB and has the wireless charging. Is that worth $100? Maybe, maybe not. I like the wireless charging and extra GB's. An 8 GB iPhone fills up really quickly. I can only imagine a similar issue with an 8X.
7. milesboy5 (Posts: 175; Member since: 07 Nov 2012)
Don't bash on Big Red if you don't have all the facts. It is releasing the the 8X at 200 because it has more memory and has wireless charging to compete with the Lumia 920.
9. KingShango (Posts: 89; Member since: 16 May 2012)
Thanks, I knew about the wireless charging but not about the memory difference. 8gb for a modern smartphone seems way to small.
10. adolert15 (Posts: 27; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
Nokia lumia 920 = 768 x 1280 pixels, 332ppi, 32 gb, 8.7 camera megapixels = $99.99 AT&T
Nokia lumia 822 = 480 x 800 pixels, 217ppi, 16 gb, 8 camera megapixels = $99.99(after $50 mail-in rebate) Verizon
If i have the choice to go to a midrange or a highrange phone for the same price, i definitely go for the Lumia 920!
12. BigCTM (Posts: 8; Member since: 25 Oct 2009)
It's not that straight forward. The 822 has a micro sd card slot and a removable battery. The 920 does not have either of these. Plus the 822 is lighter.
11. PotDragon (banned) (Posts: 214; Member since: 22 Jul 2011)
Kudos to PA for the heads up; just pre ordered a red 8x. This will be given to my 70 year old Mom to (finally) replace a pre2.
Probably would have gone 920 but that is not an option on vzw. Sigh.