Pre-order the Sprint Nexus 5 from Best Buy now; phone will launch this Friday
0. phoneArena 02 Nov 2013, 20:45 posted on
The Nexus 5 might be delayed for some of those who ordered from the Google Play Store, but the Sprint variant of the phone is now listed on the Best Buy web site; the pricing for the 16GB stock Android handset is exactly the same as you will find in Sprint's online store, which is $149.99 with a signed two year contract or $449.99 off-contract...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
23. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
What you loling about? In slovakia they are asking horrible 610$ in one store and 650$ in other... Funny ain't it?
2. MrsPotatoHead (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I thought the Nexuses were made by Samsung? I'm so tempted to update my phone and try one a these but no thank you Sprint I've had two years of horribal service and you couldn't pay me to keep the horrer.
3. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Nexus 5 is made my LG, as was the Nexus 4.
And it is a bit odd that it would say that the Nexus 5 is $449 off contract...
6. MrsPotatoHead (banned) (Posts: 48; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Okay but didn't Samsung have like a Galaxy Nexus? I remember that because I was also looking at that at the time I got my 4S. I could have avoid two years of awful service if I had just gone with that Nexus and Verizon. Trust me I won't be making the same mistake two times.
13. improv (Posts: 95; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
Yep! There was the Nexus S and the Galaxy Nexus. The current Nexus 10 is also manufactured by Samsung.
14. D.Aceveda (Posts: 360; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
I'm sorry to be rude @MrsPotatoHead
But you're on a phone website, are you seriously asking questions about who manufactured what when that info can be found
21. pissedandrioduser (Posts: 2; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
Whoever bought the iPhone 4 and 4s on sprint was rip off cause those phone had no LTE support
4. quyenqchau0813 (Posts: 82; Member since: 22 Mar 2013)
this is the second nexus made by LG already :D
12. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
Nexus-series phone/tablets have been made by HTC, Samsung, LG and Asus.
8. dorianb (Posts: 391; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Comparing Sprint to retarded people is offensive to retarded people. Sprint is MUCH worse.
11. GeekMovement (Posts: 1501; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
I was never comparing Sprint to retarded people and their condition. This was obviously a different meaning than mental condition people suffer from and I think you knew that.
7. kozza3 (Posts: 574; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
so its not $799 off contract through Best Buy...
9. GoGoGalaxyNexus (Posts: 31; Member since: 01 Nov 2013)
Spring has the worst service anywhere in the US, I'm happy with my humble T-Mobile
16. tuminatr (Posts: 682; Member since: 23 Feb 2009)
Depends where you go, I have a sprint personal phone and a Verizon work phone. The coverage for voice is very close but the data coverage is much more consistent with Verizon. I don’t think Sprint is as bad as most make it out to be but then I have a $50 unlimited everything plan it’s hard to find fault when your being cheap. Here in the Midwest sprint does have much more coverage than Tmobile but if it works for you thats great
10. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1209; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Just pay the phone outright people. Otherwise get a phone like the Note 3 on contract which you won't find for Nexus 5 pricing. A Nexus 5 on contract only makes sense if it's $0.
15. TruPatriot (Posts: 89; Member since: 27 May 2013)
Note 3 doesn't have tri-band lte, genius.
18. NexusPhan (Posts: 474; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
17. hypergreatthing (Posts: 33; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
What exactly is a sprint variant of the nexus 5? I thought out of the box it supports gsm and cdma. Did sprint put their name on it and charge an extra 100$?
19. NexusPhan (Posts: 474; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
No. Consumers are really dumb. They get confused when you say unlocked and think it won't work on Sprint. Best Buy always charges more for their phones. Always. Just buy it from the Play store and activate it on sprint. Selling it at best buy is just another means of distribution.